Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Another classic Fed tank with an in-form rival waiting in the next round, just like in 2017 and 2013.

Also which MTFer is this:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My left ball never lies.

Was this the end of it all?

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
:haha: Federer played well but Millman was at 200%. What an amazing player, a new star is born :worship:

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
I am beginning to wonder if really this is the end of the line for Fed. No fitness it seems like, makes you wonder how much he's trained at all given how sharply that's declined since January. The fact he's choking away virtually every match he plays- he literally should have won every single match he lost this year aside from the Djokovic one- is also absolutely shocking and IMO another reason to think the end is near. Hilarious anyone is calling this a tank though, at 5-4 40-15 you almost expect your opponent to miss one of the next two returns.

Hilariously, Djokovic may be getting the day session again. Can see that Nishikori-Cilic gets priority billing over Djokovic-Millman.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Federer must have hit twice as many unforced errors as rally balls. He was dog tired. Just doesn't have the endurance anymore. Should quit the secret smoking.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Fed has himself to blame for missing those two set points at 40-15 in set 2. Could've potentially won this. Very disappointing. I point my head back to Djokovic to save tennis from a Nadal victory.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Most pathetic performance ever. He had fucking set points and 2 and 3. he’s ready for retirement now... oh wait he’ll still have to play the laver cup which is soooo important for him. He can shove this stupid glorified exhibition up his ass...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Millman didn't need to do much. Just get the ball back into play and wait for the error from Federer. It seemed like such a long, excruciating match. Something odd about it for sure. :cuckoo: I didn't feel at times that Federer was giving 100%. Good on Millman though for taking advantage of a real off Federer. Sadly, it ends here because Djokovic will destroy him in straight sets. I think Federer would have suffered the same had he won today.

·
Registered
100 Posts
And of course, just my luck...the day I went out, this happens...I went out tonight because I thought today’s matches were going to be blow out...hopefully, Pliskova and Thiem can do the same tomorrow ...please???...

1 - 20 of 378 Posts