Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic really dominating in set 1, more errors in later sets, but an easy win.
Gasquet without a proper game plan, the only shot in which he was better today was the dropshot.

3 down, 4 to go.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Looks like Djokovic will be desperately seeking you-know-who in the next round. :wink2:

Glad that he played such a solid match. It seems like he's gradually gaining momentum. This will most likely be another short thread, since there's not a lot for folks to dump on about his performance. :)

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
That's the most Gasquet versus top player scoreline I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
And you're pissed because this time it was against Djokovic.
You and couple other tards should be thankful to him , still glues ya'll to MTF.

First set vintage Djokovic, then he slowed down a bit , Gasquet started to play more aggressive , still too good and clutch on BPs

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Gasquet 0/5 on BPs with some pathetic misses. Just slapping the FH into the net on the last one. Scoreline is expected. Getting broken in the first 2-3 games kills ANY exitement the match may have. Gasquet's just a placeholder he should just retire from slams.

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Especially BHDTL was really working well for Novak.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Standard Gasquet performance and scoreline against the top players. Nothing to see here.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Needs to improve his serve % and add a bit more sharpness to his CC BH. Once when I see him hitting short angled CC BH winner then I could say he is really back close to his best game. It's still a process
Indeed BH DTL was excellent

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Gasquet has had rotten luck in slams this year, Federer R3 in AO, Nadal R3 in RG, Monfils R1 in Wimbledon, and Djokovic R3 in USO. With the way things are going, he may well have lost to 3 eventual champions. Djokovic looks the most solid he’s been on HC since 2016, the BHDTL was on fire today.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Gasquet showed some decent play at times - better than I expected considering how washed-up he's looked of late. But of course, the result was NID. Djokovic was consistent throughout.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Looks like Djokovic will be desperately seeking you-know-who in the next round. :wink2:

Glad that he played such a solid match. It seems like he's gradually gaining momentum. This will most likely be another short thread, since there's not a lot for folks to dump on about his performance. :)
Unfortuately 80% of Djokovic match and other threads are toxic, filled with Fedal-various tards whining about something/anything . Half of them didn't even watch the actual match.
That's MTF for you.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Djokovic looked good today. Restored some hope. I was in shambles after R2.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts