Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Routine four-set Tsitsipas win turned into a massive five-setter as he lost six straight games from 5-1 up in the fourth, missing 6 MPs in the process including 40-0 on his own serve. Crazy, unbelievabe scenes. A super nervy fifth set where Tsits lost a break lead, culminating in two DFs in the final tiebreak, dear me. Astonishing outcome.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Umpire should be banned for that disgusting call
ChiChi should be ashamed.

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
Came out of months of retirement to see the ruins in this thread. So many match points missed roflmao

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,536 Posts
Shock loss for Stefanos, having the advantage. He broke early in the fifth but capitulated from a 40-15 lead in the following service game, and had break pts on two other games, all saved by Coric. Hit 2DFs in the TB to sum up how far south things went for him from an advantageous position.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,536 Posts
Umpire should be banned for that disgusting call
ChiChi should be ashamed.
the line judge made the mistake. The umpire unfortunately cannot rule a winner because the call was made before Tsitsipas even contacted the ball.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Man, I really feel for Stef here - this one might derail his whole season, what an epic

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Wow, this match could be a game changer for Coric. He showed a lot of mettle to take this. What a fight. He really went for his shots in the final set - lots of UE but lots of winners as well. What a match indeed. I agree with the commentators, it’s a shame such a match had to be played without a crowd.

This is going to be a tough loss for Tsitsipas to take. Up 5-1 in the fourth set and not able to convert six match points. I found he played way too passive in that final set.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts