Karen lost to this one..why??????????

·
Registered
22,212 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all seriousness, very bad match from Alex De Minaur, didn't even celebrate, 50 UE in total from him. Of course 4th and 5th set were much better.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Russian winter is hard, but de Minaur showed he can handle that.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Congrats to the demon, well fought win. KK kinda lucky to reach this round so I can't really complain, if he want to stay relevant he must improve.

·
Registered
19,189 Posts
Because De Minaur is way better than him. Karen was bashing the ball, but it was coming back at the same speed. Insane counter puncher, this Demon.
Way better than him?

Dude he took a bagel.

He lost 8 straight games at one point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sad result. De Minaur is a pusher of the worst kind
As an aussie who has watched De Minaur. I would say he hits the ball slower, but goes for his shots on his forehand. His backhand he can't really attack well off, except for his DTL which he does infrequently to suprise opponent.

I think if you watchhis match vs nadal this year, he was all on the attack.

Last thing I would say is that when he isn't confident he can turn into a pusher. Which is the wors. But as he has matured as a player he is leaving that behind.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Strange match and while I’m not exactly a fan of De Minaur, his mentality is something every next gen player needs and he’s shown he’s not afraid to take it to the very best. His problem is he just got no weapons.
Maybe it is a weapon having no weapons. Karen is a typical example of how having a single weapon can make you complacent and too reliant on it. Too many players have single weapons that it hurts their development and desire in becoming a more complete player

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Maybe it is a weapon having no weapons. Karen is a typical example of how having a single weapon can make you complacent and too reliant on it. Too many players have single weapons that it hurts their development and desire in becoming a more complete player
Can’t argue with that. Djokovic doesn’t have any big offensive weapons but his results speak for itself.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
De Minaur is a nightmare to play. You can't get rid of him, he just keeps coming and snapping balls back at you and when he gets an opening he can snap the winner or take control. Blake Called De Minaur for semis, fine call there by James Blake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts