Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very, VERY lucky for david not to go 0-2 down in sets here. harris was the better player through the first set but david somehow managed to snag it. im happy david got through b ut he really has to raise his level significantly if he has any hope of going further. as it is krajinovic will sweep him aside quite easily.

also have to ay i expect david will recieve some sort of fine for throwing his wrist band out of the court out of anger here in the first set

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I don't know why David did not play much more on Harris's backhand which was very poor. David did the job even if his level was average. If he wants to beat Krajinovic in the next round, he needs to retrieve his very best level. The Serb will be the favourite to win it and in the last 2 meetings (Marseille and IW 2019), he easily beat David each time.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Harris was decent in the first two sets, but Goffin is just much better than Harris. If Harris went up 2-0 Goffin would have taken it in 5 and Goffin played a good tiebreak anyway, not thanks to luck. I fell asleep during the third set, but from what I saw I dont think Goffin was as bad as some people here claim. I definitely think he can take out Krajinovic, he just has to up his level a little, Shapovalov would be a different story though.

Goffin lost to Krajinovic twice at the start of 2019 when Goffin generally was playing very mediocre tennis. I wouldnt read too much into the h2h. The match will be on Goffin's raquet

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
This guy is actually seeded 7th pathetic stuff really.

Reactions: Servebots=GOAT

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Am I sensing a goffin-djokovic QF?

Reactions: jojjeshruk

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Harris was decent in the first two sets, but Goffin is just much better than Harris. If Harris went up 2-0 Goffin would have taken it in 5 and Goffin played a good tiebreak anyway, not thanks to luck. I fell asleep during the third set, but from what I saw I dont think Goffin was as bad as some people here claim. I definitely think he can take out Krajinovic, he just has to up his level a little, Shapovalov would be a different story though.

Goffin lost to Krajinovic twice at the start of 2019 when Goffin generally was playing very mediocre tennis. I wouldnt read too much into the h2h. The match will be on Goffin's raquet
Krajinovic has been playing some stella stuff, should of beaten Raonic in two sets beat Thiem in two easy sets + Fucsovic. His level is very high, I'd be very surprised if Goffin beat him. No doubt Krajinovic is in better from than Shapo

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Krajinovic has been playing some stella stuff, should of beaten Raonic in two sets beat Thiem in two easy sets + Fucsovic. His level is very high, I'd be very surprised if Goffin beat him. No doubt Krajinovic is in better from than Shapo
So in your opinion Krajinovic is a harder challenge for Goffin than Shapovalov?

I have to admit that Krajinovic is bit of white map for me. For some reason I have never watched a lot match of his. I am using my fan-boy cap a bit when I say Goffin will win I admit. But Goffin has showed a but of quality this week. If he has a high serve percentage and finds a bit of his game I still think Goffin will clinch

anyway we gonna see whats going on

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
So in your opinion Krajinovic is a harder challenge for Goffin than Shapovalov?

I have to admit that Krajinovic is bit of white map for me. For some reason I have never watched a lot match of his. I am using my fan-boy cap a bit when I say Goffin will win I admit. But Goffin has showed a but of quality this week. If he has a high serve percentage and finds a bit of his game I still think Goffin will clinch

anyway we gonna see whats going on
Yes. Bear in mind Goffin beat Shapo in Tokyo last year. Shapavalov tends to make cheap errors at important point; what I've watched of Krajinovic he's looked extremely solid from both wings but added some nice variety, I also didn't realise we was such a good volleyer.

Reactions: jojjeshruk

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yes. Bear in mind Goffin beat Shapo in Tokyo last year. Shapavalov tends to make cheap errors at important point; what I've watched of Krajinovic he's looked extremely solid from both wings but added some nice variety, I also didn't realise we was such a good volleyer.
I have to take a closer look at Krajinovic, his match against Goffin is gonna be interesting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts