Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly solid from the back of the court and boomed some heavy serves to get out of unnerving moments as usual. Has some work to do, but a good start for Jo Jo.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
lol he likes that 6-4 set score.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
tsonga played a decent match, however the one thing about him that annoys me (and several other of the men) is he basically put in max effort in 1 lu service game in each of the 1st 2 sets. if he really wants to challenge for slams and be top 5, he has to concentrate throughout a match even if the result is NID.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
tsonga played a decent match, however the one thing about him that annoys me (and several other of the men) is he basically put in max effort in 1 lu service game in each of the 1st 2 sets. if he really wants to challenge for slams and be top 5, he has to concentrate throughout a match even if the result is NID.
Yes. Just like Federer and Sampras always does/did.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
A break a set, NID anyway and just probably saving himself for the next rounds.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Yes. Just like Federer and Sampras always does/did.
tsonga isn't a federer or sampras. also fed does try in return games.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It's his tactic he doesn't want to burn himself in the first rounds (that's what he explained).

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
It's his tactic he doesn't want to burn himself in the first rounds (that's what he explained).
but it just works the opposite way and later on in bigger matches he will still have these lapses and 'tank return games' that will cost him.

application to each point is such an under-estimated part of tennis, sharapova has built a career on it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
but it just works the opposite way and later on in bigger matches he will still have these lapses and 'tank return games' that will cost him.

application to each point is such an under-estimated part of tennis, sharapova has built a career on it.
I don't know I understand his point of view because his body is such fragile and already cost him many months out of courts, that he doesn't want to take any risk with it.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Federer will probably want Verdasco to beat up on Tsonga a bit, then expect to have Tsonga/Fish beat up on each other, and hope to take advantage of the situation to help himself reach the semis :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts