·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In easy 5, just as expected.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
What a legend. His singles career just turned around.

·
Registered
59,347 Posts
Horrible to see, in terms of the choking, the quality of play, Cuevas losing, and Sock winning. All around awful result.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Such a big break for him drawing Cuevas on a hardcourt. Well done to him. Mannarino should take him down comfortably unless Sock is on fire.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Horrible to see, in terms of the choking, the quality of play, Cuevas losing, and Sock winning. All around awful result.
Did you actually watch the match?

Quality of play wasn't bad at all throughout the match.
I watched it all and was very surprised by the high level of both. I didn't expect a lot, Cuevas has struggled mightily outside of clay in the last couple of years and Sock...well, we know about Sock.

Very enjoyable match.
The choking though...

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Mandatory 5 setter for the Nebraskan in early round

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
that butt :love::sneaky:

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Jack Sock looked totally gassed out at the end, IMO he already considers this tournament a success and will tank next round.

·
MONSOON season.
82,208 Posts
Did you actually watch the match?

Quality of play wasn't bad at all throughout the match.
I watched it all and was very surprised by the high level of both. I didn't expect a lot, Cuevas has struggled mightily outside of clay in the last couple of years and Sock...well, we know about Sock.

Very enjoyable match.
The choking though...
I thought the level of the match in the final set was pretty low, TBH. I'm not sure about the other sets, but neither Cuevas nor Sock looked like they'd be able to beat many players in the draw in the final set.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Massively imporrant win for Sock. Boy did he need this win. And he stole it too, with a crazy fh scoop passing shot winner from middle of baseline. And then a bloop rolled return short which Cuevas somehow mistimed and hit wide by a yard. This was in the 54 serving for match game. Sock then hung on and prevailed. This win will do wonders for Sock's career mark my words.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Both players played at a very high level, high quality tennis.

·
Registered
801 Posts
For someone who's been ranked Top 20 (albeit briefly) and won 6 titles, Cuevas has a shockingly terrible Grand Slam record -- 3R at the French, never past 2R at other slams.

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
Cuevas is a C- vulture

1 - 20 of 21 Posts