Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schwartzman had MP at 3-5* and 5-4 on serve.

Very bad match, although Norrie did find his way and played some sticky commendable tennis for a while.

Schwartzman played a solid first 2 sets although they weren't that cruising, and then completely went off the rails, and basically played Norrie into the match by playing tactically bad points on big points, and not really knowing when to play the point and when to attack.

He had no attack, today.

Weak forehand, BH DTL could hardly clear the net, lots of errors, missed sitters, couldn't finish points off when his opponent was dragged wide.. Norrie stod closer to the baseline and dictated play for the most part.

His body was leaning backwards on almost every forehand, no trust.

Meltdown in the end. Not sure how he didn't close that, almost looked like his body left him in the final minutes also.

Shambolic display leaving one of Norrie or Coria in R3.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I am under shock. What a bad bad loss for Diego.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Not a big surprise as Diego only started to touch a racket by middle of July only. He was already awful in Cincinnati.

·
justice for all
18,036 Posts
Didn't watch this match but Diego was really poor last week so no big surprise really. Hopefully he'll be back playing better during clay season.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a big surprise as Diego only started to touch a racket by middle of July only. He was already awful in Cincinnati.

that's 6 weeks. Lol.

That's plenty.

Players play less before a season begins.

·
Registered
201 Posts
YES!!!!...I PICKED NORRIE TO WIN IN MY BRACKET!!!....WOOHHOOOOOO!!!....

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

that's 6 weeks. Lol.

That's plenty.

Players play less before a season begins.
Not much if you compare to most of European players. Anyway, Diego is the kind of player who needs a lot of matches to start to play well. I am not really optimistic about his chances on clay for his next tournaments.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Not a big match. Schwarzi finishing totally tired (injured?) guess with the COVID his preparation was not the best. Recover well schwarzi!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Approval GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
Diego :( :hug:

·
Registered
19,417 Posts
Awful level from both