Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Andy was way too defensive but served decently. If plays offensive enough, still think hes in the final. He seemed to pull up in some pain in the end, but he always does that. I doubt he's injured, just makes you nervous if you want him to win.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well, a win = a win.
Didn't see much of it as I was watching the Del Potro match.
So no conclusion whatsoever as to Muzza's future chances during this tournament... hope he'll pick up on form, just like Rafa.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
First mens match I've really had chance to pay attention to, I see why there all the discussions about court speed. So slow, a match between Murray and Ferrer would last forever or until one drops from exhaustion.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
First mens match I've really had chance to pay attention to, I see why there all the discussions about court speed. So slow, a match between Murray and Ferrer would last forever or until one drops from exhaustion.
We might find out just how slow it is if Nadal and Ferrer meet. That should be fun.

About the court speed, commentators were comparing Murrays groundshots last year to this year, and the ball was bouncing off the surface 4mph slower this year. Also the ball bounces quite a significant amount lower which is really bad for guys like Nadal. So enough with the silly conspiracy theories.. as funny as they are (*Cough* Don Toni)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Andy was way too defensive but served decently. If plays offensive enough, still think hes in the final. He seemed to pull up in some pain in the end, but he always does that. I doubt he's injured, just makes you nervous if you want him to win.
He seemed to me to be having a problem with his shoes - hopefully they will get that sorted before the next match. If your foot slides when you didn't mean it to, it can cause a bit of pain.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very convincing performance Murray, hit the ball really well in the final two sets. Good match to watch for the most part, Devarrman gave it a good go but just got outclassed. Still predicting a Djokovic/Murray final.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Somdev played about as well as he can in the first set. Some unexpectedly entertaining points. Murray had his usual slow, it's-such-a-bother-to-walk-around-the-court start and then really picked up in the second and third sets. Refreshing change of outfit as well.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well seems i didn't miss anything. murray did what he had to obviously.

seems this is the dullest first fews days of a slam on the mens side ever.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Devvarman won more games than I thought he would (mostly due to that first set), but still. Easy, straight sets win for Andy. COME ON!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Decent on the whole from Muzza, particularly the second and third sets after a bit of a typically slow start. Good to see him step in and play more aggressively as the match went on too, really unloaded on the forehand at times in particular.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Excellent hitting on the FH wing in sets 2 and 3 from Murray. But wont get carried away with 1R lets see if he can do it against someone with weapons!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts