Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
When will I ever learn? When betfair exchange want to back the other guy - no matter the situation - you fucking follow the money. Big time.

Betfair users predicted the comeback much before the comeback started at sky high odds. And heres me with fucking 60 euros at mickey mouse odds.

Have to follow when they know something.

192 Posts
When will I ever learn? When betfair exchange want to back the other guy - no matter the situation - you fucking follow the money. Big time.

Betfair users predicted the comeback much before the comeback started at sky high odds. And heres me with fucking 60 euros at mickey mouse odds.

View attachment 356270
Doesn't betfair void Live bet wagers on a retirement?

·
Registered
17,828 Posts

View attachment 356270
You put 60 euro's on odds of 6...

thats pretty good money.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You put 60 euro's on odds of 6...

thats pretty good money.
I know but you should have seen the situation. The kind of amounts people kept throwing at Coria long time before the 'injury' happened - it was as if someone/some people knew 100% Jung would lose.

It is good money just like you said but when there is such obvious case you keep wondering why you didnt go all in. :D

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I know but you should have seen the situation. The kind of amounts people kept throwing at Coria long time before the 'injury' happened - it was as if someone/some people knew 100% Jung would lose.

It is good money just like you said but when there is such obvious case you keep wondering why you didnt go all in. :D
What kind of odds were people betting earlier?

·
Registered
17,828 Posts

I have an account at betfair, but where do you see what people bet there? Is that possible? Haven't used betfair often.

And do bookies by now not react more greatly to that, if the bettors are right?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have an account at betfair, but where do you see what people bet there? Is that possible? Haven't used betfair often.

And do bookies by now not react more greatly to that, if the bettors are right?
You dont see their bets but you see what people want to back/lay. If there is someone hoping to back Coria at odds of 1,91 with heavy money - when theres next to no reason why someone would do that at under 15,00 odds - you have got something going.

As for why the bookies do not react - thats something I have been wondering. Perhaps they decline the bigger bets and close the market if there is something strange going on.

For the last years the only match I have ever had my bet voided (by a bookie) because of matchfixing: Kubler def Podzus 6-4 6-1 - a chinese challenger in 2018. They very rarely seem to do it.

But I havent gone big stakes ever on those kinds.

edit: and the reason betfair doesnt do voiding is that they make money from every match finished. The comission.

·
Registered
12,675 Posts

Probably it was fixed match, I don't see other way.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Bizarre. I saw Jung win the second set. Wished I had kept watching. The replay should be on ESPN later for those in the States.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Y e

edit: and the reason betfair doesnt do voiding is that they make money from every match finished. The comission.
They lose money, especially these days, they bring most of the liquidity. Otherwise the premium charge wouldn't exist. Now they even kick out consistent winners which never happened before Paddy power got involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts