Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin Anderson hitting the ball with insane pace, but not the easiest youngster to face in the first round of a slam. A tough but important win for the South African.
As for Ryan Harrison, he has a bright future ahead of him

·
23,063 Posts
Anderson's experience now as a Top 5 player is showing well -- great effort to come back from 1-2 Sets down, when you expect he'll lose from that spot, especially when he has 26% of his total points to defend, really.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
I can’t get enough of the U-S-A chants at these matches - invariably the American loses
At least it makes more sense unlike the USA chants in team sports when the American team has more foreign players than the foreign team does. Or for example when an American Blue Jays hitter is facing a foreign pitcher of an American team and the crowd start getting that chant going :facepalm:

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
At least it makes more sense unlike the USA chants in team sports when the American team has more foreign players than the foreign team does. Or for example when an American Blue Jays hitter is facing a foreign pitcher of an American team and the crowd start getting that chant going :facepalm:
That's pretty irrelevant in club sports, it's also not really a valid point.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Can't believe Harrison took it to 5 sets. He's decent, but mentally doesn't have it for GS matches. Speaks also about Anderson's state of mind, kind of went downhill the last few weeks imo.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Kevin Anderson hitting the ball with insane pace, but not the easiest youngster to face in the first round of a slam. A tough but important win for the South African.
As for Ryan Harrison, he has a bright future ahead of him
Harrison is 26, my dude

·
Registered
958 Posts
26 is a youngster now? C'mon, he has pretty much reached his potential, that's who he is and that's who he's going to be

·
Registered
140 Posts
I caught the last set of this match, Harrison had a few chances but couldn’t take them. The commentators did mention a few times that Anderson could barely walk in sets two and three, and Harrison was apparently complaining about all the treatment time Anderson was receiving. So I don’t think this scoreline was all about form, something physical happened to him mid match. Maybe he received some medication that helped him shake it off

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
I caught the last set of this match, Harrison had a few chances but couldn’t take them. The commentators did mention a few times that Anderson could barely walk in sets two and three, and Harrison was apparently complaining about all the treatment time Anderson was receiving. So I don’t think this scoreline was all about form, something physical happened to him mid match. Maybe he received some medication that helped him shake it off
Judging by all the briliant responses in this thread it seems like only me and partially you have watched this match. Kevin Martin Del Kanderson indeed was moving like a dead cat for the entire 3rd set. Just to take a toilet break after the set and came back as a completely new player.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts