Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Arab Spring about to become Arab August in the tennis world.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Re: US Open QR2: Jaziri def Ryderstedt 2-6 6-4 6-2

Micke :sad:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Jaziri won a challenger not long ago as well,. He has found his game

here he is

·
Registered
19,388 Posts

He'll play Guillaume Rufin for a place in the MD

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts

Didn't actually see Jaziri in Davis Cup action against GB, but I gathered from general talk that he was one of those players whose ranking didn't reflect his greater ability. Since March he has really broken through into the Challenger Tour, and is clearly capable of even threatening at ATP level. Good on him.

·
MONSOON season.
82,273 Posts

Good form combined with what is almost a cakewalk draw (Romboli - Ryderstedt - Rufin) should translate into a MD appearance. Rufin will be the trickiest of his opponents, but the other two are lower-echelon Challenger players.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jaziri into main draw

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
good for tennis

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
He's an alright player, but I don't understand at all why he has hype on this forum. He's nothing special.

Disappointing for Rufin because he was really dominating the stats until I guess he got injured with contributed to him losing a 5-2 first set lead.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Tunisian is he? How many Tunisians have been in the main draw of a GS? Need a statistician stat.

Now If Ilhan gets through (I'm guessing he hasn't yet) it would make for a more diverse range of competitors in the main draw. The Turk is playing Lacko I believe.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's an alright player, but I don't understand at all why he has hype on this forum. He's nothing special. Disappointing for Rufin because he was really dominating the stats until I guess he got injured with contributed to him losing a 5-2 first set lead.
this is the first thread I have ever seen about him

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I see several people rooting for him. I guess because of the underdog factor. Like Dodig, Niland, and other mediocre talent players.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see several people rooting for him. I guess because of the underdog factor. Like Dodig, Niland, and other mediocre talent players.
what's wrong with that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts