Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another in a long line of pathetic results in the qualifying event at the USO.

Rycka was down 0-40 and came back to 3-*4 30-30 in the first set, but eventually lost it. Had 4-*1 in the second set, but struggled on serve throughout the match.

Another young talent losing to a boring nothing player, but Rycka is just not all the way back from his various physical problems, and needs time to regain his level. Unfortunately, he loses around 60 points from last year after qualifying and making R2 in 2010.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had already typed this, but of course the almight Filo V. was a lot faster :p
So I'll just copy+paste it here:

Meffert was up 3:0 *30:0 before the rain delay, and easily made the 4:0 after play resumed. Then Berenkis became stronger, had break points to level it at 4:4, but eventually Meffert served out the first set.
Berankis started into the second set with a break, but Meffert broke back twice and claimed the win.

In QR3 he will face Robert Farah, I think he can beat him as well, and advance to his second ever Grand Slam main draw appearance (first one was also USO, in 2007). I would be very happy for him, he's a nice and funny guy. I made the following picture of him when he gave an interview after his team TK Kurhaus Aachen won the German team championship 2 weeks ago (he's their captain and mainly plays doubles there):

As for Berankis: I guess he's still struggling after his injury, because if he were 100% fit he should have beaten Meffert easily. I hope he'll recover soon and get back into the top 100 where he belongs!

·
MONSOON season.
82,287 Posts
I'm glad Meffert won this, but Berankis is a long way removed from his Top 100 level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts