Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas was 4-*1 30-30 in the first set. But he struggled in pretty much all but a couple of his service games and simply didn't serve well enough. He's just not equipped to playing off clay right now.

This result is really an unspeakable disaster for the game. The young talent losing to this old boring mediocre nothing is very unfortunate to say the least.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
overrated player atm i think. He is hitting way to many aces for his length. His gamestyle should be far more aggressive. DOnt play the standard game when you are 6 meters high!

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's overrated depending on how you rate him. He's a project, fast-developing but still a lot of development left to do. With that said he's basically 1-2 good results away from the top 100 so he must be doing something right, since he's been progressing steadily up the rankings. He's got a strong record in clay challengers. He's great on clay at the challenger level. He's just not that good off of it right now.

·
MONSOON season.
81,987 Posts
Thomas was 4-*1 30-30 in the first set. But he struggled in pretty much all but a couple of his service games and simply didn't serve well enough. He's just not equipped to playing off clay right now.

This result is really an unspeakable disaster for the game. The young talent losing to this old boring mediocre nothing is very unfortunate to say the least.
:rolls:

Filo, did you graduate from drama school with honors?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Seriously...99% of tennis fans have never heard of either of these guys/don't care about this result.
thats not true.. i knew them both ;)

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Wow, totally unexpected.

I thought it was like 80% he would reach the main draw.

·
Banned
3,761 Posts
Squirrel is nuts :D

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Overdramatic? Perhaps. But, really, this result is a horrible one. That can't be understated.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, now it makes sense.

Too bad for Thomas. I think he would have potentially still struggled with this scrub, but the fact he made it competitive shows he probably would have handled business healthy.

Hopefully with a couple of weeks off, he'll be fine for these upcoming clay challengers.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
:facepalm:

·
MONSOON season.
81,987 Posts
Twitter:

Verloren met 64 62! Last van mn schouder en was daar alleen maar mee bezig in plaats van tennis!
He was focused on his shoulder rather than on the match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts