·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Kneck injury, obviously :shrug:

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Patrick Rourke @rourkeytennis · 5m

De Bakker receiving a MTO only one game in against Borna Coric. This one could go quickly.

Patrick Rourke @rourkeytennis · 3m

Weird. De Bakker doesn't even get looked at by the trainer, simply talks to him and retires.

Patrick Rourke @rourkeytennis · 2m

Chump said "illness," but not entirely sure what that is. De Bakker looks fine but that obviously means little.
The clown was probably hung over :lol:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Chris Kuerten, there's a time and a place to take the piss, but this is not it. I think the fact he retired without even getting any medical attention from the trainer proves this isn't exactly an ordinary problem. It's a huge shame this had to happen, as in my opinion De Bakker would have been a better asset for the main draw. All Coric does is grind and grunt like a ladyboy. Don't get me wrong, he's very good at what he does, but it is awful to watch (and to listen to). I'm going to get sick of him very quickly.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Chris Kuerten, there's a time and a place to take the piss, but this is not it. I think the fact he retired without even getting any medical attention from the trainer proves this isn't exactly an ordinary problem. It's a huge shame this had to happen, as in my opinion De Bakker would have been a better asset for the main draw. All Coric does is grind and grunt like a ladyboy. Don't get me wrong, he's very good at what he does, but it is awful to watch (and to listen to). I'm going to get sick of him very quickly.
If it was something special he wouldn't have walked on court. This looks like an easy $5000 payday.

And obviously a 17 year old prospect will be a better asset to the main draw than a 25 year old talent waster who doesn't even live for the sport.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
This really looks he was abusing the system to get a check frankly, unless proven otherwise, looks really fishy given his history of not caring about tennis

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
If it was something special he wouldn't have walked on court. This looks like an easy $5000 payday.

And obviously a 17 year old prospect will be a better asset to the main draw than a 25 year old talent waster who doesn't even live for the sport.
Coric is obviously going to be a top player, but I think De Bakker is very under-appreciated in terms of the style of tennis he brings to the court, and as you say, he doesn't really try. If he did, he would be ranked at least 35, not 135 as he is right now. I think players like him are much more fun to watch, they're unpredictable, you never know what's going to happen next. Too many metronomic players exist nowadays, who do the same thing time and time again.

I don't expect you to understand though. You take pleasure from watching Ferrer, which is rather unusual.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Coric is obviously going to be a top player, but I think De Bakker is very under-appreciated in terms of the style of tennis he brings to the court, and as you say, he doesn't really try. If he did, he would be ranked at least 35, not 135 as he is right now. I think players like him are much more fun to watch, they're unpredictable, you never know what's going to happen next. Too many metronomic players exist nowadays, who do the same thing time and time again.

I don't expect you to understand though. You take pleasure from watching Ferrer, which is rather unusual.
You picked the only 'predictable' player in the top two lines of my signature, good for you :haha:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
it would be far better to see young and coming talent, rather than the guy trying to break a world record for the fastest grab of $5k. 1 min or so? $300k/hour, try that bill gates.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
de bakker should have withdrawn if he was injured and let someone else play...

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
You picked the only 'predictable' player in the top two lines of my signature, good for you :haha:
I have signatures turned off, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

You seem to favour Ferrer the most out of any player on tour, which perhaps explains why you are happy that Coric has beaten De Bakker, and what's more making fun of him for getting injured.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I have signatures turned off, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

You seem to favour Ferrer the most out of any player on tour, which perhaps explains why you are happy that Coric has beaten De Bakker, and what's more making fun of him for getting injured.
de Bakker has a reputation when it comes to his attitude towards the game, he's earned Chris' scrutiny here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts