62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say Roger in straight sets. :rocker: :bounce: :worship:

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
i think federer
i want nalbandian
but i think if nalbandian plays 100% he is gonna make history on thursday night;)

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Roger in 4

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
lots of people have rightly said
1. nalbandian's game gives federer major problems
2. nalbandian has a winning record against federer

hmmm...whilst point #2 is undeniably true, i am not convinced by point 1. federer did not have a dominant record or set of performances until after winning his first slam, that being wimbledon 2003. before that he was just unfulfilled potential. since that first slam, he has become a different player, improving almost out of sight (in terms of consistency), whereas nalbandian's game has for me stayed quite static.

personally i think federer will win and win quite routinely. two main reasons...
1. their respective serves
2. their respective mental strengths and weaknesses!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My heart says Nalbo but my head says Fed.
Nalbo usually thrives on the big matches and he has a real chance if Fed plays like he did today.

·
Banned
1,629 Posts
federer express said:
lots of people have rightly said
1. nalbandian's game gives federer major problems
2. nalbandian has a winning record against federer

hmmm...whilst point #2 is undeniably true, i am not convinced by point 1. federer did not have a dominant record or set of performances until after winning his first slam, that being wimbledon 2003. before that he was just unfulfilled potential. since that first slam, he has become a different player, improving almost out of sight (in terms of consistency), whereas nalbandian's game has for me stayed quite static.
David beat Roger at the '03 US Open, during Roger's reign as wimby champ.

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
gooner88 said:
My heart says Nalbo but my head says Fed.
Nalbo usually thrives on the big matches and he has a real chance if Fed plays like he did today.
I agree. David seems to lose focus when he's expected to walk all over an opponent. When he's up against one of the top players in the world, he raises his all aspects of his game and is capable of beating pretty much anyone.

My concern is the serve. He definitely has the return game to give Federer plenty of problems, but it wont matter if he's broken 2-3 times in each set.

We'll see but I have a feeling we could be treated to a classic between these two ;)

1 - 20 of 109 Posts