Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty routine stuff for Delpotro who was hardly impressive in any area of the game. Isner couldn't serve outside the 1st and 3rd set and his return was AWOL as per default..

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Re: US Open QF: [3] Delpotro def. [11] Isner 6-7(5), 6-3, 7-6 (4), 6-2

expected

·
Registered
57,587 Posts

Nightmare semi incoming.

del Potro didn't look good at all, would expect even subpar Nadal to beat him if he moves like that

·
Registered
6,489 Posts

Isner shitbotting as usual, Delpo really not showing much to disturb Nadal. But then again, he can always turn into DelGoatro at any given moment?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

Pretty routine stuff for Delpotro who was hardly impressive in any area of the game. Isner couldn't serve outside the 1st and 3rd set and his return was AWOL as per default..
49 winners to only 14 unforced errors is not impressive?

·
Registered
14,493 Posts

Isner FH miss in 3rd set TB decided that he couldn't have won it in 4, his FH shank at BP in 4th set decided that there was no coming back.
His ground game looked totally off at times, taking the ball too late, playing to Delpo's FH and such things.

Delpo was struggling with his fitness towards the end, hopefully he should be able to recover till Friday though.

Not a great match, but this matchup rarely delivers.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Hurrah, I am guaranteed to have someone to support in the final

(probably fruitlessly, but never mind...)

·
Registered
9,237 Posts

Delpotro looks like a w/o or ret in the semis.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

What a wonderful year for DelPo, another GS Semi-Final :sport:

A real shame he's always on Rafa's side of the draw over the last Grand Slams tournaments. :crying2:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

Del Potro will be fine for the semis. Expect him at 100 percent.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
DelPo got 4-0 vs Thiem, talking about cakewalk draws....

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Very solid year for Delpo in slams, aside from AO where he pretty much sucks anyway. Good to see

The semifinal on this half should be a thriller, regardless of it being against Nadal or Thiem

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

Vamos JMDP! Once the third set was over, the match was essentially his but prior to that this was unnervingly tense. Credit to Big John too for making things tough and I hope he has a good time off and things go well with his baby, but del Potro feels like a man on a mission here. Unfortunately from here onwards it's going to be astoundingly tough but I have faith and I hope for once in tennis the underdog can come and take away a slam from the big 3. A repeat of 2009 would be a dream come true, and nobody deserves it more than the Argentine after all his injury woes. To think this guy has come back not once but twice and has been on the brink of retirement and he now has the chance to win another grand slam (still a long way to go I know but it's possible now) is remarkable. I hope he gets a good rest now and is 100% fresh for what's going to be a tall order. Again, vamos!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

Delpo only dropped one set so far and has two days of rest. I think this time he could beat Nadal in a possible Semis.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts