Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get to see Fed and Youzney practice yesterday? Pretty damn cool i must say...as Fed a fan it was fantastic to get to see Fed so up close and personal...I ran from the Bjorkman match when I spotted his trainer and then Fed on the PC#5...tons of spectators gawking at both players...not too many people around me knew who Mikhail was...so sad-I did give them the heads up.

Then guess who marches in behind Fed while he's playing, but the Williams' sisters...they go all the way down PC1-it's more enclosed, but you can watch from the rafters behind the PC1. Gaudio was right next to them on PC2...blue socks in tow :rolleyes: lol!!!

A few sightings around the grounds: Mark the Scud, Papadorn S, Ivo K(yes, he's that tall), Alberto C., Scoville J, Radek S.( yes, he looks like Brad Pitt), Sania M

I watched some of the Clement, Bjorkman and Murray matches

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cool!! Sounds like you're having a great time...Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Fed and Misha :hearts: Thanks for the report and pics

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chloe said:
I saw some of Fed and Misha. Maybe I bumped in to you :p
While i was watching them practice a guy behind me was talking about the Moya/Safin practice...supposedly Safin hurt his knee while playing w/ Moya...i don't know how bad it is, but they way he made it sound it wasn't looking good. I hope he's doing better today

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Cool...I've pmed you ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I left Marat's practice after getting a couple picture, but somebody who was there told me that yes, he did quit it in the middle. Too bad, hopefully he's okay.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chloe said:
Did you see Fed practice with Djokovic a couple of days ago too?
No...I got lucky yesterday...I got out of work early(summer friday) and went straight to Flushing Meadows. I wasn't sure if I would see anyone let alone Fed...I've never seen him play in person-match or practice...I was drooling at the sight of him...still pinching myself!!!

Reactions: RogiFan88

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I'm glad you got to see him. I went over the other day excited about Djokovic and spent the next hour having to tell people who he was, and yes, I do know that the other one is Federer. :p

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
onewoman74 said:
No...I got lucky yesterday...I got out of work early(summer friday) and went straight to Flushing Meadows. I wasn't sure if I would see anyone let alone Fed...I've never seen him play in person-match or practice...I was drooling at the sight of him...still pinching myself!!!
good on you, onewoman74!
it's great to see Roger live, isn't it? :)

cool he practiced w Mischa.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Damn, you guys are making me jealous. I always love going out the practice courts right before the Open. I'm in San Francisco right now and will be here for about the next 10 days. :(

It sure is beautiful here at least. A nice change from the hot and muggy New York summer.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
silverwhite said:
I heard you were spotted drooling over Richard, Becca. :lol: Any pictures for us? Did you hunt down Paulo and Lizard Lips? ;)
I did not! I swear that I did not! It's just that he has really nice hair! WHO TOLD YOU!

Anyways, yes, I found Mahut and took 23947930 photos of him :hearts: Too bad he was horribly off his game. I had hoped to see him two more times :( Seeing as I ran out of space on my memory card as it is, I guess it was for the best.

I saw Paulo at Clement's second round qualie match. He has nicer hair than Gasquet ;)

I have photos of lots of the French players: Clement, Roger-Vaselin, Mahut, Benneteau, Richard, Ascione, Lisnard, Carraz, and somebody else... erm, maybe it was De Chaunac? I'll see.

I will get them all up over the next couple of days. I have 4 days to cover and more than 300 photos, so be patient.

Should I put the thread in the tournament forum or in GM?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
put it in GM

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Thanks a lot everyone for the reports and pics! :yeah:
Wow! You're really in your kind of "French period", Chloe! :eek:
You're all very lucky! It seems that you all had a fantastic time going to the USO quallies and for free moreover...I'm extremely jalous...
I can't wait to see all these pics and reports! ;)
Djokovic practiced with "The boss"? Waow!
Oh and we could all read this here ... :secret: :devil:
SwissMister1 in his blog said:
I might add that I ran into the infamous Rebecca here and she was drooling all over Richard, although she caught me drooling all over Sesil Karatancheva when Sesil walked by a little later, so I guess we're even :eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts