Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will decline to participate at the US Open?

401 - 420 of 628 Posts

·
Banned
693 Posts
And Djokovic won his Slams in an era with Berdych, Ferrer, Raonic and Nishikori....

Gonzalez and Roddick are much better than these four. I don't know why you are picking fights with '40-15erer' etc
Berdych, Ferrer, Raonic, Nishikori... were in GS finals!? That's news to me.
I'm trying to help you here, even if it doesn't look that way to you.
Get a grip. Deprogram. Stop lying to yourself and others.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Berdych, Ferrer, Raonic, Nishikori... were in GS finals!? That's news to me.
I'm trying to help you here, even if it doesn't look that way to you.
Get a grip. Deprogram. Stop lying to yourself and others.
Ferrer, Raonic, Nishikori and Berdych not in GS finals? When did you start watching tennis? In 2019?

Berdych lost to Nadal in Wimbledon 2010
Ferrer lost to Nadal at RG 2013
Nishikori lost to Cilic in NYC 2014
Raonic lost to Murray in Wimbledon 2016

Yes, get a grip lol.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Ferrer, Raonic, Nishikori and Berdych not in GS finals? When did you start watching tennis? In 2019?

Berdych lost to Nadal in Wimbledon 2010
Ferrer lost to Nadal at RG 2013
Nishikori lost to Cilic in NYC 2014
Raonic lost to Murray in Wimbledon 2016

Yes, get a grip lol.
I should've said "against Novak" - but I'm not gonna correct that now.

Point is still the same - when Novak is not around, the mice (40-15erer, Cilic, Murray, Wawa, Nishi... etc) run rampant.

When the "Big Kat" is around, mice are nowhere to be seen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I should've said "against Novak" - but I'm not gonna correct that now.

Point is still the same - when Novak is not around, the mice (40-15erer, Cilic, Murray, Wawa, Nishi... etc) run rampant.

When the "Big Kat" is around, mice are nowhere to be seen.
But Djokovic still has 17 Slams and lost 9 finals, quite a few as well. Against Federer he has a 4-1 Slam finals record with two finals being very close (Wimby 14 and 19) and the USO where Fed missed lots of chances. It's not like Djokovic dominated these Slam finals like you make it, although Djokovic is much younger than Federer as well. Have more respect towards Federer's achievements if you expect some respect to Djokovic's ones because you utterly lack class with 40-15 etc.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
"Stan del Potro"!? Well, that says it all.
Lol you couldn’t come up with something better than trying to mock my name and hilariously failing? Well, seems I shouldn’t have expected more from the Karen of mtf

Reactions: The Federest

·
Banned
693 Posts
Have more respect towards Federer's achievements if you expect some respect to Djokovic's ones because you utterly lack class with 40-15 etc.
I have 0 (ZERO) respect for his first 10 GS. It was gifted to him by the stroke of luck.
Look at just WHO he was playing then... and in the finals.
Losers, amateurs and nobodies.
I've said it before - luck plays a part in sports - and Federer was really lucky getting those 10 slams.
But when Rafa and Novak stepped on stage - 40-15erer was exposed for what he is - a "slightly better wawrinka".

·
Banned
693 Posts
So every time Djokovic lost it's because he was injured, but when Fed loses it's because he gets always displayed? You're so black and white, it hurts to read your comments on tennis
Nope, only thing Fed earned was that RG semi... Novak has no excuse for that.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ivo Karlovic in a grand slam main draw at 41 years old :cool:
Yen-Hsun Lu still getting PRs, I call this the "Tursunov maneuver" 😄

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
"Quarantine" depends on the country/countries they are landing in after US Open, so, it is for the Italian (Rome) and French (RG) governments/immigration to decide on the subject. Hasn't this been figured out earlier when ATP scheduled 5 big tournaments in 7 consecutive weeks? ATP or Rome and RG must have sought exemption from the respective governments in order for the players to participate in their tournaments.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Lol either go to the US and face the consequences, or don't go.

How arrogant must someone be to think they can travel to a Corona hotspot and then come back without any consequences?

I must say, the behaving of most tennis pros during this difficult time is so utterly disappointing. Looks like most players are entitled pricks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
"Quarantine" depends on the country/countries they are landing in after US Open, so, it is for the Italian (Rome) and French (RG) governments/immigration to decide on the subject. Hasn't this been figured out earlier when ATP scheduled 5 big tournaments in 7 consecutive weeks? ATP or Rome and RG must have sought exemption from the respective governments in order for the players to participate in their tournaments.
In France, at least for now, you need not get quarantined if you have a corona negative certificate before the inward flight.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Some WTA players already withdraws from USO cause of quarantine upon arrival.Also that rule where USTA disqualifies players if there anyone who got infected(which is rly brutal)

401 - 420 of 628 Posts