Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will decline to participate at the US Open?

• Total voters
281 - 300 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
And I will say this: The reason we have this US Open/Roland Garros scheduling mess is because the French Tennis Federation moved their Tournament without consulting both Professional Tours. If anything Roland Garros should be put in the dumpster for this year.
Even with the FFT moving their tournament unilaterally, it was done way back in mid-March. There was plenty of time for the USTA and the FFT to consult about possibly switching the dates of their slams so that European players could stay in Europe and play the clay season without worrying about the the two-week quarantine, and then, if they wanted to, they could fly to the US to play US hardcourt tournaments. That was never done, and now players are in an either/or scenario. And for Nadal, it's especially tricky as he's defending champion at both GS. Does he play the USO, and lose out on any clay court prep, which would leave him prone to an upset at the French Open, which everyone will put an asterisk by? Or does skip the USO HC season altogether and stay in Europe to play a full clay season?

·
Your visions will happen
47,413 Posts
Well one thing we know for sure is Corona has given all fanbases excuses forever

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Asterisks asterisks & more asterisks on Frauderer records if cancellation occurs is all i’m gonna state on this matter.
All Fed's records are asterisked already, barely held in place by rampant COVID.
Well one thing we know for sure is Corona has given all fanbases excuses forever
Haha and so it begins. The desperation already grows.

Nobody will give the tiniest bit of shit if some internet tards come up with excuses. If all, it serves for our entertainment only. So please dont hesitate to give out asteriks, I find it very cute.

At the end, the numbers will tell the story. Deal with it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There's no need to asterisk Federer's records when they will fall soon. First up will be the weeks at 1 record, which will happen around March 2021. After that is the slam record, which I predict will happen by either the middle or end of 2021. The USO will also happen.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
One at a time hopefully starting w/ USO. As for asterisks, I’m referring to the already canceled WB & potential of USO following suit, then at least half of 2020 season will b asterisked.

·
Registered
11,815 Posts

masterclass

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
if the EU refuses to reverse its travel ban i cant see many europeans participating. and, to be honest, why would they? the US is a complete disaster. i cant see the EU reversing the ban. Washington is already likely to be cancelled because of it. multiple soources have stated its likely a matter of days before the announcement is made

·
Registered
708 Posts
There's no such thing as 'EU travel ban' though. Not in practice. Haas went from California to Germany to play Berlin exho -- and didn't quarantine. Mannarino just arrived to France from Florida to play the final stage of French summer tour -- didn't quarantine.
Spanish media reported that players arriving from USA will be exempt from quarantine and free to play Madrid Open right away.
That's why Washington being in danger of cancellation is so confusing.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
One at a time hopefully starting w/ USO. As for asterisks, I’m referring to the already canceled WB & potential of USO following suit, then at least half of 2020 season will b asterisked.
USO won't be canceled, though. I read a tweet just recently from someone who knows a lot of lower ranked players and they were told the USO is happening.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
We need this tournament, otherwise Thiem won't be able to play Kitzbühel.

Reactions: dDreamer

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
He doesn't know anything. :ROFLMAO: He's just guessing and hoping he'll get lucky so if it does get canceled he can say "I was right" and then hope to get more than a few hundred followers.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
So who said who's in so far ?? This doesn't seem very serious :unsure: it's worse than a friends whatsapp group to GTG for a barbecue some time , with few weeks behind the USO , it's just conjectures, a few tweets , doubts ,

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
He doesn't know anything. :ROFLMAO: He's just guessing and hoping he'll get lucky so if it does get canceled he can say "I was right" and then hope to get more than a few hundred followers.
Wouldn’t doubt that for a minute from these wannabes. Btw keep the positivity flowing.

·
justice for all
13,489 Posts
Hope they won't cancel it but me thinks it's very uncertain atm. :(

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
There's no such thing as 'EU travel ban' though. Not in practice. Haas went from California to Germany to play Berlin exho -- and didn't quarantine. Mannarino just arrived to France from Florida to play the final stage of French summer tour -- didn't quarantine.
Spanish media reported that players arriving from USA will be exempt from quarantine and free to play Madrid Open right away.
That's why Washington being in danger of cancellation is so confusing.
thats actually incredibly disappointing to hear especially the madrid part. but im just going off hat im seeing. there's something going on where washington looks like it'll be cancelled . if it is so be it

281 - 300 of 417 Posts