Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know his performance in hardcourt has been patchy. I have seen his scarce winners in Wimby. I understand he has already won "too much". But all of you saying this was his last slam, can you tell me, who de FUCK can win a five setter in ultra-fast court against Fedex?

The "young guns" :haha: : Nole so far has showed talent, but his performance in slams is weak, I think he lacks endurance. He needs to be stronger and do better training IMHO. Also I can't see what can he use to trouble Federer. Murray? not in a million matches.

The "Old Glories" :worship: : Hewitt, Roddick, Safin, Moya... while the chance exists, mostly with Marat, you have to admit they are not a real threat to him. They haven't been successful against the King in years.

The current top ten "softies" :devil: : Davydenko, Feña, Robredo, Berdytch, Blake... if they can trouble him I will eat my hat. Kolya is like 9-0 against Roger, ain't him? the rest are not better.

Then there is Rafa... you never know with him but... I think most of us agreee that he has low chances to reach the final, and low chances to win it.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
No way, Federer barely beat Rafa on grass, he's gonna get ****d on hard courts...
****d is too kind. He will get his limbs mangled, his toenails plucked out and a herd of wild pirhannas will be feasting on that huge nose of his for all eternity :eek:

·
Registered
251 Posts
His chances are quite good but he WILL win Antartic Open this year on Rebound Ice becuse his slice is soooo effective there....stays looow

·
Banned
253 Posts
The current top ten "softies" :devil: : Davydenko, Feña, Robredo, Berdytch, Blake... if they can trouble him I will eat my hat. Kolya is like 9-0 against Roger, ain't him? the rest are not better.
Uhh, Berdych is 1-0 against roger on hard. Canas seems to have his number on hard, and Nadal always seems to give him some problems. Other than those, Haas could also pull an upset on Fed if he is playing his best and Fed isn't in god mode yet.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
99% favourite? doesnt make sense.

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
Federer is definitely the favorite but not as much as the last 2-3 years imo. This year I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win it.

His collapse in the 4th set in the Wimbledon final showed the glimpses of weakness he used to show before he became the solid number 1 and that doesn't look good.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
[/COLOR]

The "young guns" :haha: : Nole so far has showed talent, but his performance in slams is weak, I think he lacks endurance. He needs to be stronger and do better training IMHO. Also I can't see what can he use to trouble Federer. Murray? not in a million matches.
this is when i stopped reading, he has 2 SF and 4th round this year :yawn:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Now is when the sport of tennis can start gaining in popularity because every slam he wins now is for history. He's going for 4 straight while winning 5 straight at Wimbledon.
The next 2 or 3 years Federer should give the sport some extra media attention.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is when i stopped reading, he has 2 SF and 4th round this year :yawn:
Sorry but that is an ugly performance for a player that, in his own words, is the third best in the world :rolleyes:

He also must have an all time record (or be close) on retiring/injuring in slams :cool:

What I tried to say, now in a more serious tone, is that I think Djokovic underperforms more than others do on a slam second week, BECAUSE he is defeated by players I think he shouldn't have problems with, if it was a MS event.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
US open suits federer's game more than the current wimbledon courts I would say.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
What I tried to say, now in a more serious tone, is that I think Djokovic underperforms more than others do on a slam second week, BECAUSE he is defeated by players I think he shouldn't have problems with, if it was a MS event.
whoaa, wait a sec!

so you're saying rafa and federer are players djoko "shouldn't have problems with"? that's the guys he lost against at the gs this year.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Djokovic needs to defeat Federer in best of 3 before he'll do it in best of 5.

Nadal certainly is the likeliest to defeat Federer - but he's not quite as likely as some to actually get to the final, so it's a tough call.

Hard to see past Federer again. But look out for Djokovic on the hardcourt swing - if he can get one over Federer at some point, he becomes an awful lot more dangerous.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
whoaa, wait a sec!

so you're saying rafa and federer are players djoko "shouldn't have problems with"? that's the guys he lost against at the gs this year.
In 2006 US Open he was defeated 6-3 6-1 6-2 by Hewitt, in 2006 AO was defeated by Paul Goldstein(?!?) in 2005 was defeated by Verdasco.

He was broken in the last two slams and had to retire.

That's what I mean, it's true he reached 2 semis, but tell me he had anything over 0.1% chances of wining those slams. He couldn't even finish the damn matches.

For me Novak Djokovic still has to show if he is a serious option for a slam. He has the skill to be there, but not the strenght.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, if he's having physical trouble at 20, what will be his endurance in the long run when he has the age of Federer?

Please understand I'm not blaming him for being "weak" or something like that, it's just that not finishing two slam semis in a row is too much.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts