Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
22,064 Posts
It was pretty lame but I don’t care and the comments are overreacting. Federer hasn’t been the only player that has been disrespected as per by the official accounts

·
Registered
17,824 Posts
Lmao.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
US Open knows.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,337 Posts
Wow, classy: the US Open trolling a 5-time champion just for a Valentine's Day wheeze.

If the US Open was a person, it would be wearing rouge and fishnets and chewing gum.
Nothing but the truth was said. Roger has not won the USO in over a decade, to be sure.
It was pretty lame but I don’t care and the comments are overreacting. Federer hasn’t been the only player that has been disrespected as per by the official accounts
Need them to do this to Serena now re: Court's record (which they won't)

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Even as a fed fan I have to admit that this is hilarious. Very New York style humor ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Normally, I'm not too fond of the attitude shown by Wimbledon officials, they seem almost like caricatures of the British aristocracy. You have the feeling there is no play on the middle Sunday since everyone is expected to go fox hunting that day.

But even though the US open poem was kind of funny (at least a little bit), I must say in situations like this, I prefer the attitude shown at Wimbledon (can you imagine them doing something similar?)

By writing things like this, you get the feeling that the US open organization may have favorites, just like a regular person. And if it is anything we can ask from an organization responsible for things like scheduling (that can favor certain players more than others) it is that they appear perfectly neutral at all times. I'm not saying US open actually have favorites, but they don't seem to realize they should aim for an aura like Caesar's wife (above suspicion).

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts
Rude. Fed should announce that he's not playing USO... then we'll see if the tweet is worth the lost ticket revenue.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Content doesn't bother me but it doesn't rhyme and reads like a homework of a 3 yo.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Written with all the grace and elegance of a gorilla in skates. I am no fan of Federer's but that was rude and totally NOT funny. As much as I support both Nadal and Djokovic, they are nowhere near the draw that Federer is, even more so at 38+.

Some people in the comments are calling for the person who wrote it to be fired from socmedia.... ain't even mad at that suggestion. ?

Reactions: AskTheQuestion

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
ahahhahhahah

WP USO,ajajjaja.

1 tweet-millions burnt 40-15rer tards ?

·
justice for all
16,248 Posts
Zero class. Assholes - they should be deprived of their slam and it should be moved to Basel (or Cincinnati).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts