Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How it will play it's hard to know although it seems that it's the same company that made the surface of the last Miami Open and New York Open, which were mega slow :(

·
Registered
875 Posts

How it will play it's hard to know although it seems that it's the same company that made the surface of the last Miami Open and New York Open, which were mega slow :(
The Miami Open last year was quicker than it had been in previous years. The humid conditions there make any court seem slower.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I thought NYO was fastish? Anyway those 2 tournaments can't tell us much becaue the supplier can make the court as fast or slow as required anyway. Sadly they'll probably try to replicate the same terrible conditions as the previous surface.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
It's a painful to watch surface regardless of who wins
Why would that be ? I think on one hand its the most open slam (thats good) and in the other too punisher of the attackers game. I mean its fair for modern athletic game standards but tennis loses its variation and surprise , misses out on players knowing and displaying different skills. It becomes too rally, waiting for error oriented.
But then Rafa vs Daniil was espectacular and exciting last year . In sharp contrast to Novak vs Delpo in which the attacker Juan M. was punished making it difficult to watch , the result never in doubt.

So in short I dont know haha maybe it is good change

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Let me guess, the baII wiII bounce even higher as weII as being sIower. Godfakerer aka EI padrino never stops working behind the scenes.

·
|
14,082 Posts
The speed of the surface is irrelevant to me, I want to know how high the ball bounces.
Slow courts help Djokovic.
Bouncy courts help Rafa.
If the US Open want to help make history, then they should make the court as bouncy as possible, because Rafa is ONE US Open away from tying the US Open record, so to create the big headline for the US Open its important that Rafa gets TWO more US Opens to overtake Connors/Sampras/Federer's US Open record.

·
|
14,082 Posts
Life is a circle, so why the hell court speed not up yet? This speed down project has been longer than a decade,
It’s ridiculous.
I guess because the tournament organizers have observed that crowds are more excited by long rallies than they are aces.
And I've never found Isner/Karlovic/Raonic entertaining.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The speed of the surface is irrelevant to me, I want to know how high the ball bounces.
Slow courts help Djokovic.
Bouncy courts help Rafa.
If the US Open want to help make history, then they should make the court as bouncy as possible, because Rafa is ONE US Open away from tying the US Open record, so to create the big headline for the US Open its important that Rafa gets TWO more US Opens to overtake Connors/Sampras/Federer's US Open record.
The sIowest courts reside at RG, BarceIona & MC dominated by NadaI. Novak won AO & WB titles when it was faster as weII as muItipe fast HC masters so he's the most adaptabIe speed-wise off CIay.

·
|
14,082 Posts
The sIowest courts reside at RG, BarceIona & MC dominated by NadaI. Novak won AO & WB titles when it was faster as weII as muItipe fast HC masters so he's the most adaptabIe speed-wise off CIay.
And the reason why Rafa keeps winning the US Open and Canadian Masters is the bounce and 'grip' of that surface.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
U can have your "grip" & whatever other so-caIIed edges but unIess this new surface actuaIIy pIays identicaI to RG, after this lengthy lay-off, if Novak comes in anywhere near in form & shape, he bags the HC majors record, no.12 & 18.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts