Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is only a matter of time before US Open is cancelled for this year. No one from outside U.S. will be entering U.S., including the sportsmen. This rules out playing US Open without crowds/spectators, since players cannot enter U.S. Next is French Open.

Here's the latest tweet from Donald Trump.

·
|
14,955 Posts
Tennis players aren't really immigrants, they're more like tourists.
Whatever you want to call them, they'll be given exemptions because they help the US economy.
Plus Trump is a HUGE tennis fan, especially big fan of Rafa as he's said a couple of times.

·
|
14,955 Posts
He's using the pandemic as an excuse to stop people who aren't white from immigrating to the US, but it's already too late for him and his racist base, America will be a majority brown country and voters will throw his racist ass out of the oval office in November
Florida is one of the most multicultural states in America, and the winner of Florida has won every General Election since 1960 apart from JFK (1960) and Clinton (1992).
And if you look at the current polls, RealClearPolitics provides an average of all polls and it has Biden at 47.0, and Trump at 46.8, so Biden has no edge in Florida despite all the brown and black people there.
And in 2018 midterms, Republicans won the Florida Governorship and Senate.

·
Registered
110 Posts
He's using the pandemic as an excuse to stop people who aren't white from immigrating to the US, but it's already too late for him and his racist base, America will be a majority brown country and voters will throw his racist ass out of the oval office in November
You sound pretty racist to me.

·
Registered
12,675 Posts
From what I see it already is.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Lol the virus is raging in the US, who wants to go there anyways? 2'000 people are dying there every day.

Its not the time to think you can do it all alone. The US will need some help, especially if a second wave hits.

Honestly, why not forget politics for a moment? Maybe, like with a crying little child, they should grant Trump the second term so he can focus on whats really matters: saving as many lifes as possible.

My thoughts are with all people in the US. You deserve better.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
It is only a matter of time before US Open is cancelled for this year. No one from outside U.S. will be entering U.S., including the sportsmen. This rules out playing US Open without crowds/spectators, since players cannot enter U.S. Next is French Open.

Here's the latest tweet from Donald Trump.

This kind of nebulous yet dramatic announcement is very Trumpian - made probably without the blessing of his advisors who will now have to work out policy as a result and fill in the sizeable gaps, or work Trump back if it doesn't gain enough popular support amongst his base on social media and right-wing news networks.

Regardless of what actually happens as a result, I doubt this has much bearing on whether US Open goes ahead or not. Professional tennis players, as others have said, would not be classed as 'immigrants'' to the US, and presumably they would have some immunity from whatever travel restrictions are in force should the authorities decide it is safe enough to hold the tournament in September.

OTOH, I see Germany has just cancelled Oktoberfest. I know these are very different events, but that is not an encouraging sign for other mass gatherings due to take place in the Autumn...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
OTOH, I see Germany has just cancelled Oktoberfest. I know these are very different events, but that is not an encouraging sign for other mass gatherings due to take place in the Autumn...
Nobody in Germany expects there to be any more football matches with spectators in 2020. So obviously an event like the Oktoberfest had to be cancelled.

·
Your visions will happen
48,528 Posts
Yep

USO going to delay until October imo

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
This kind of nebulous yet dramatic announcement is very Trumpian - made probably without the blessing of his advisors who will now have to work out policy as a result and fill in the sizeable gaps, or work Trump back if it doesn't gain enough popular support amongst his base on social media and right-wing news networks.

Regardless of what actually happens as a result, I doubt this has much bearing on whether US Open goes ahead or not. Professional tennis players, as others have said, would not be classed as 'immigrants'' to the US, and presumably they would have some immunity from whatever travel restrictions are in force should the authorities decide it is safe enough to hold the tournament in September.

What he says doesn't matter much, it's what he does that matters. Generally it applies to everyone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lol the virus is raging in the US, who wants to go there anyways? 2'000 people are dying there every day.

Its not the time to think you can do it all alone. The US will need some help, especially if a second wave hits.

Honestly, why not forget politics for a moment? Maybe, like with a crying little child, they should grant Trump the second term so he can focus on whats really matters: saving as many lifes as possible.

My thoughts are with all people in the US. You deserve better.
Haha people dying yeah this totally gets me off!
Ohhh I care so much about those poor ppl I’m such a good person
Schadenfreude and virtue-signalling all wrapped up in one post, well done. If only you were a little self-aware.

·
Registered
59,024 Posts
His tweet is pretty vague but I think he means permanent migration not people on temporary visas.
This is probably true, and goes to show that racism and not any actual concern is the motivation, because that makes the opposite of sense if it was actually about COVID.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
MAGA! Lock yourselves up and everything will be well!

Reactions: enlightenedth
1 - 20 of 86 Posts