Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How old are these guys (and I haven't seen any girls yet)?

And why are they so uncoordinated?

They're obviously not selected on skill, does the lovely capitalist USA auction off the ball-person spots for the fortnight?

or how else does it work?
 

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

Then you didn't watch any womens' matches.

JMac was a ball-boy, guess they will take anyone.

What have you got against capitalism? It works fine when you're good at it.
 

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

Actually saying they are no good is just something you made up in your own mind, they are perfectly fine.
If you are looking for comparisons with Wimbledon, well the US ballboys have a life after the tournament. Unlike the little Wimbledon automatons who are trained from birth and have no life after the Centre Court appearance, because they don't know anything else.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: US Open ballKIDS

buddyholly said:
Actually saying they are no good is just something you made up in your own mind, they are perfectly fine.
If you are looking for comparisons with Wimbledon, well the US ballboys have a life after the tournament. Unlike the little Wimbledon automatons who are trained from birth and have no life after the Centre Court appearance, because they don't know anything else.
they're too old, too big, too slow, can't catch the balls properly, and they're not good at throwing them either.

:haha:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: US Open ballKIDS

buddyholly said:
Then you didn't watch any womens' matches.

JMac was a ball-boy, guess they will take anyone.

What have you got against capitalism? It works fine when you're good at it.
capitalism is working great in the US.

look how people are flocking to help each other in a time of crisis. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,093 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

I dont like that 40+ can be ballkids. it should be 20-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

I saw both ball-girls and ball-men doing men's matches in the first round.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

Here's an example of a ball-man, this guy must be at least in his mid-40s.
 

Attachments

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

its.like.that said:
look how people are flocking to help each other in a time of crisis. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I see it every day on TV. I wonder where you are looking, or who is telling you what you should believe.
 

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

its.like.that said:
they're too old, too big, too slow, can't catch the balls properly, and they're not good at throwing them either.

:haha:
Well, I watched for 12 hours a day and never once recall an incident where a ball-boy's actions intruded on the flow of the match. So, I reiterate , I think it is all in your head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,234 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

there was a ball granny at the nasdaq this year. i remember her drying the court after a rain delay. i felt so sorry for her...
 

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

She was presumably a volunteer and having a great time, so why feel sorry for her?
I felt sorry for Bud Collins, standing outside the stadium dressed in a rainbow quilt, trying to convince somebody to buy his encyclopedia. Everybody just kept walking and avoided eye contact.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: US Open ballKIDS

buddyholly said:
Well, I watched for 12 hours a day and never once recall an incident where a ball-boy's actions intruded on the flow of the match. So, I reiterate , I think it is all in your head.
1. for starters, we've already agreed they are not ball-boys, they are ball-men, so you're statement is void already.

2. secondly, when has the occurrance you have so eloquently described ever taken place? never.

3. you must have vision problems, or a small tv if you cannot see the ball-men lobbing balls over the court to each other, and jumping around trying to catch them.

4. do you think before you post?

:worship:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: US Open ballKIDS

buddyholly said:
Yeah, I see it every day on TV. I wonder where you are looking, or who is telling you what you should believe.
oh and now you're preaching philosophy... boy, these forums sure do attract all sorts of creatures.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,700 Posts
Re: US Open ballKIDS

I noticed them being much older than other grand slams as well. Has it always been like this?
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top