Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US Open ATP Entry List and Seeds. - scroll past the singles, doubles list at the bottom of the page

Sad to see them not here. I'm sure they said that they would play the US Open as their last tournament together (well before all this stuff happened). Are they going to retire without playing another match?

Lots of Brits in the list with only a 32 team draw. Nice to see.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Do we keep going on in here? I say yes.

Wow lots of suprises in R1;
Eubanks/McDonald d. Bambridge/McLachlan was the biggest upset of the day!
Also Kubot and Melo out to the Belgians. They had lost so badly vs Kraijcek/Johnson in 'Cincy' I thought they were out of form. I saw Bolelli's match, enjoyed it, had to sweat their way to the win, saved tons of BPs at the beginning. There's also seem to be good chemestry with Maximo who always plays a couple of spectacular points in doubles. Koolhof/Mektic are a tough next round, one to watch.
Chardy/Martin lost to the Harrisons doing the Bryans....wish I had watched this one as it looks was particularly fought. Grano/Zeballos out :(

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Middelkoop/Demoliner take out Mahut/Struff. Mahut seemed to be the weakest link. Also Sock/Withrow get through to the next round in a thriller. Both teams actually lost their first set, but won in 3.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ah had a feeling they would win! I only watched part of Sock's match, unfortunately they ended up losing it. Loved their run last year so I was hoping they would go further. Great win for Bopanna/Shapo :eek:

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
Koolhof/Mektic marching on. I was backing Gille/Vliegen, but now I have to throw my support around Koolhof/Mektic instead. I doubt they stand a chance of winning the tournament, but here's to hoping.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Koolhof/Mektic marching on. I was backing Gille/Vliegen, but now I have to throw my support around Koolhof/Mektic instead. I doubt they stand a chance of winning the tournament, but here's to hoping.
Koolhof hit like 6 or 7 double faults in the first set alone. That won't cut it against a better playing team. Tennis-wise, they are playing well. Difference between 1st and 2nd serve is too big sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts