·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bring your A game against AA!!!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think this will be a classic match. :D Anyway, lets hope Roger will win it. :worship:

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
the crowd will probably be rough, but you can do it rogi. rest up and play your best!!

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
The crowd will not be a factor if ROGER COMES OUT WEARING HIS NINJA GEAR AND NOT BEING NAKED OUT THERE LIKE HE WAS TODAY!!!!!!!!! :fiery: Roger can disfuse the crowd by winning the 1st set and stay on Andre. If he plays like he did today then Andre will cream him and deservely so. Roger cannot be playing shitty this late stage of a slam. UNACCEPTABLE TENNIS from Roger today. He better be sharp from the start.

·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's Andre who will be rattled, Paulie. ;)

·
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dirk, Roger saves his best for the last!

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Dirk said:
The crowd will not be a factor if ROGER COMES OUT WEARING HIS NINJA GEAR AND NOT BEING NAKED OUT THERE LIKE HE WAS TODAY!!!!!!!!! :fiery: Roger can disfuse the crowd by winning the 1st set and stay on Andre. If he plays like he did today then Andre will cream him and deservely so. Roger cannot be playing shitty this late stage of a slam. UNACCEPTABLE TENNIS from Roger today. He better be sharp from the start.
Hey calm down. He won, he's in the finals. He's given himself another chance to equal or break records. Let's just be happy about that!

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Mrs. B said:
Dirk, Roger saves his best for the last!
this is true, but he sure cut it closer than normal today ;) a little bit of luck for hewitt and roger might not have had another match to save it for. hmm maybe roger was trying to throw everyone off ;) he can only play better tomorrow *i hope* come on roger you can do it, i think you're ready to win your 6th major!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
I rather have him lose in the semis than be holding the dinner tray. I am just upset he hasn't been consistent. He was very iffy and made so many bad tactical moves. He hit too many short balls to the baseline, bad BH (which did get better but was still not solid overall), bad serve %. I am hoping Roger can bring out his best stuff tomorrow right away and play a great match but at this point I am just hoping he is good enough to win. Roger I know will get inspired greatly for this match and to defend his title. I just hope he can find his form early in the match and keep it all the way through.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Hopp Rogi, good luck in the finals. Please unleash the ninja tomorrow

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Dirk said:
I rather have him lose in the semis than be holding the dinner tray. I am just upset he hasn't been consistent. He was very iffy and made so many bad tactical moves. He hit too many short balls to the baseline, bad BH (which did get better but was still not solid overall), bad serve %. I am hoping Roger can bring out his best stuff tomorrow right away and play a great match but at this point I am just hoping he is good enough to win. Roger I know will get inspired greatly for this match and to defend his title. I just hope he can find his form early in the match and keep it all the way through.
i hope so too, i don't want to see him holding the "dinner tray" either. hopefully roger fill be sufficiently annoyed with all the opportunities he wasted today and play like ninja tomorrow. he knows he's going to have to play better than he did today to win tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Go for this title Roger :bounce:

JUST DO IT :yeah:

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
What's annoying to me is Agassi played three five set matches in a row yet everyone is marveling at what great tennis he's playing. What would people be saying if Roger played three five set matches in a row? I commend Aggasi for grinding out those matches and getting to the finals, but he certainly had his share of errors today. And Ginepri just couldn't handle the big moment and looked beat himself - that was his fourth five set match. he just mentally and physically went away.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
mirkaland said:
What would people be saying if Roger played three five set matches in a row?
They would probably say "His reign will be over soon" or smth like that :rolleyes: It annoys me too, but let's concentrate on cheering for Roger and don't care about what others think and say ;)

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
mirkaland said:
What's annoying to me is Agassi played three five set matches in a row yet everyone is marveling at what great tennis he's playing. What would people be saying if Roger played three five set matches in a row? I commend Aggasi for grinding out those matches and getting to the finals, but he certainly had his share of errors today. And Ginepri just couldn't handle the big moment and looked beat himself - that was his fourth five set match. he just mentally and physically went away.
:bigclap: similar thing with the blake match, a lot of people act like it was all about agassi raising his level of play. sure he played better towards the end but he was helped out quite a bit by james choking on big points, especially at the end of the third set. i loved that roger told it like it was when he was asked about, yes it was a good effort to win it, but james let him back in too many times.

it's good that roger has been able to hang tough in moments where he has struggled, that can only benefit him on the whole. he hasn't struggled as much as some would have you believe, but it hasn't always been good from him either, he's hung in and ground a little too which is an achievement from roger as well, people used to say he didn't like it when things got "messy" but he's certainly "turned that around," something i think he would be pretty happy about. so hopefully he's happy about what he's done well and itching to fix the things he didn't. GO GET 'EM IN THE FINAL!!!!

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
I'll say one thing....Agassi won't care how Roger played against Lleyton. He knows that every day is a new day and just because Roger played average today doesn't mean he will tomorrow. Roger's beat Agassi in front of this crowd before and he beat him in Miami earlier this year, also in front of an Agassi-friendly crowd. I just hope he gets off to a good start and takes the crowd out of it. I'd like to see him not serve first for a change.

1 - 20 of 684 Posts