Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New low in the relationship for the two biggest economies in the world as they continue to have clashes in many aspects.

After the US ordered closure of the Chinese consulate in Houston, China made a retaliatory move and ordered the closure of the US consulate in Chengdu today.

A potential third world war is very unlikely, but what would a cold war between the US and China mean for the world?

·
justice for all
13,489 Posts
It actually started long ago but got really intense ever since Trump became president of the US. He understood really well that it’s actually China who is the biggest competitor and enemy of the US and the biggest threat to the dominating and leading position of the US in the world. So he declared the trade war with China which only got intensified now in the corona virus crisis and is likely to get transfered to the other areas of their mutual and more generalny worldwide relations. It’s a war that will decide who will rule the world is the 2nd half of 21st century.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I will never get the human nature, or why someone automatically want to dominate the other...

As guitarra said, this has been going on for a while.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
This is good news to me. The stand against despicable Maoist evil should have been taken way early.
But better later than never.
USSR also thought they are invincible, until Reagan took things seriously.
That's definitely one of crown achievements of Trump. When he started his term, this discourse of standing up to Maoists was non-existent, and likes of Bloomberg and Biden deeply invested into China made many think that China is almost a democracy. Trump made this irreversible, no one will now dare to try to reconcile with China, as people are now finally convinced that China is not a santa claus like manufacturing hub, but Evil Empire that should be dealt with.
I can only regret that this will inevitably burn wonderful city of Hongkong economically.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
It is great to see China's economy beginning to recover after their successful containment of the coronavirus. I wish them all the best in the face of ongoing Anglo-American aggression. The propaganda campaign against China in the Western press is going into overdrive right now - their deception is at 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' c. 2003 levels.

John Pilger made a very prescient documentary in 2016 about NATO's belligerence against China:

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, but obviously went into a higher gear with the Sinophobic campaign in the 2016 US presidential election.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
It is great to see China's economy beginning to recover after their successful containment of the coronavirus. I wish them all the best in the face of ongoing Anglo-American aggression. The propaganda campaign against China in the Western press is going into overdrive right now - their deception is at 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' c. 2003 levels.
You are a puzzle, I can't quite solve you. You were heavily criticising CK's communist stance, and love of his towards Pekin and Pyongyang regimes, now you are back as a China supporter. Sometimes it feels like you are trolling us on NT, or maybe you are not yet matured on political cornerstones, and just post here out of moodiness.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
You are a puzzle, I can't quite solve you. You were heavily criticising CK's communist stance, and love of his towards Pekin and Pyongyang regimes, now you are back as a China supporter. Sometimes it feels like you are trolling us on NT, or maybe you are not yet matured on political cornerstones, and just post here out of moodiness.
Maybe not.
Back in 60s, just about when Chinese invented the first ever social network - called dazibao - USSR had a brief spring-likely - politically - situation, there was a whole flock of tremendously talented poets. People loved poetry, those poets would have concerts with nothing but reading poetry, and those concerts were at rockstar levels of popularity and audience.
One of them was Yevgeny Yevtushenko, very powerful poet, which was also appreciated by upper echelons of Commumist authorities. Another was Iosif Brodski, future dissident and winner of Nobel prize in literature.
So, when someone told Brodski that Yevtushenko is against Soviet agriculture organization style ( kolkhoses, collective farms ) in favor more western style organization. He said, "If Yevtushenko is saying he is against kolkhoses, than I am definitely for them"
Could be a similar case here.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
This thread is not about me, but yes, I have vacillated between materialist and conservative analyses of the world. Not being a political activist affords one the luxury of doing this. I imagine it is probably a flaw to do it publicly, but not as big a flaw as mistaking political chatter on an internet forum as a serious activity. Nietzsche may have been right when he wrote "how fortunate we are, we seekers after knowledge, provided only that we do not break our silence prematurely". But he didn't have access to broadband, so what does he know?

Never have I wanted war with China, although I understand the desire for tariffs if they are part of a broader project of reindustrialisation in Western countries (which isn't actually happening despite all of the protectionist MAGA rhetoric in America or the "Northern Powerhouse" BS in the UK). Whether approaching it from the left or the right, the emergence of a multi-polar world and the decline of American imperialism is something I've generally welcomed, whether that is manifested through China emerging as a major regional power, the Syrian government successfully thwarting NATO's regime change strategy, Russia reasserting itself after the humiliation it was subjected to by Yeltsin, or Korea procuring an effective nuclear deterrent.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
This thread is not about me, but yes, I have vacillated between materialist and conservative analyses of the world. Not being a political activist affords one the luxury of doing this. I imagine it is probably a flaw to do it publicly, but not as big a flaw as mistaking political chatter on an internet forum as a serious activity. Nietzsche may have been right when he wrote "how fortunate we are, we seekers after knowledge, provided only that we do not break our silence prematurely". But he didn't have access to broadband, so what does he know?

Never have I wanted war with China, although I understand the desire for tariffs if they are part of a broader project of reindustrialisation in Western countries (which isn't actually happening despite all of the protectionist MAGA rhetoric in America or the "Northern Powerhouse" BS in the UK). Whether approaching it from the left or the right, the emergence of a multi-polar world and the decline of American imperialism is something I've generally welcomed, whether that is manifested through China emerging as a major regional power, the Syrian government successfully thwarting NATO's regime change strategy, Russia reasserting itself after the humiliation it was subjected to by Yeltsin, or Korea procuring an effective nuclear deterrent.
Thanks for the response. As for your first paragraph, surely we are allowed to change thoughts, and it is healthy in fact. But you kind of do it either constantly or deliberately (hoping for the former) and our responses to you on certain subjects just hang in the air, because we cannot be sure if you will once again change your positioning, and challange us differently, folks wanna see some base on your arguments. Of course that's not to say, we have to have a politician kind of fixity on our views of the world.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I hope they take china to the fuckin cleaners(but not hongkong). Ruined my life

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Of course ive no idea what im talking about and just seek retribution but in truth obviously want no innocent people harmed

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Why are you blaming China? The virus is the result of us messing up with ecosystems, we are being punished for our actions which started roughly 200 years ago...

Time to focus on what is so precious...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Looking forward to the new cheesy yet awesome (ala Rambo) cold war movies. Extra points if they show the US flag at the end.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Why are you blaming China? The virus is the result of us messing up with ecosystems, we are being punished for our actions which started roughly 200 years ago...

Time to focus on what is so precious...
Im joking. I want no harm. Prison sentences for those in the labs will suffice

Reactions: ne znam ali mozda

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
10,936 Posts

·
justice for all
13,489 Posts
I will never get the human nature, or why someone automatically want to dominate the other...

As guitarra said, this has been going on for a while.
I think this „lust for domination” or „aggressiveness” has simply always been written in our genes. Homo sapiens, as a kind of animals, always had to fight for survival and we wouldn’t be where we are, as a human race, if not for proper level of testosteron. Sure, males have more of it and that’s why they go to wars, fight and become presidents more often.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
We've already appropiated your culture and I'm familiar with your 'delicious' kebap. Not for me but I did enjoy the Greek version.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts