Mens Tennis Forums banner

which 4th rounder is most likely to pull an upset?

• Novak-Raonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Federer vs tomic/dolgo

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Murray vs monfils

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Nadal vs isner

Votes: 7 30.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy to think out of these potential 4th round matches federer may have the toughest task given that he'll be coming off a walkover and playing karlovic and getting no rhythm before playing tomic/dolgo?

I think tomic will get through it bc dolgo is sick and has played back to back 5 setters in a row. Assuming fed gets through ivo, he'll play at night obviously cause tomic will want the slower conditions and all the aussie crowd behind him...?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
156 Posts
that would be a upset?

Pfft, tomic will beat feds.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If Gael brings his level against Rafa in Doha against Murray the Scot will be in huge trouble. Gael also has won their only GS meeting.

·
Registered
17,763 Posts
Novak-Raonic: Meh...I don't see it. Over 5 sets, Djokovic can definitely take him out if things even looked remotely difficult.
Federer-Tomoc/Dolgo: I'm going to go with my gut and gonna say no. Both have made it interesting with Federer and kept it rather close in the past but in a BO5 format, advantage Fed. Dolgo might be a little too inconsistent anyway.
Murray-Monfils: I can DEFINITELY see Monfils taking Murray out. He's beaten him in a slam before (although it was on clay) and has beaten him on hard and Monfils is usually pretty dangerous....he just never lives up to his potential. This would be one to watch for sure, IMO.
Nadal-Isner: it could happen, but like Fed, I'm going to go with my gut and say no. Experience will prevail.

From most likely to least likely:

1. Murray-Monfils
2. Nadal-Isner
3. Djokovic-Raonic
4. Federer-Tomic/Dolgo

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Murray's looking sluggish and has the hardest quarter so I'm worried for him.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Are we in the 4th round yet?

Isner won't even make it there after his marathon match against Nalbandian

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
1. Nadal-Isner 30%
2. Murray-Monfils 20%
3. Federer-Tomic/Dolgo 10%
4. Djokovic-Raonic 1% :lol:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Monfils winning over Murray might be an upset but not a big upset. They are 2-3 in H2H with Monfils winning the latest meeting in Paris 2010. It's the most likely.

For the others I think Dolgopolov got a shot vs Fed but only like 15%-20% chance at best. Tomic less than 10%

Raonic and Isner are in the same seat. I think the court is too slow for both of them. Both will probably get enough free points to take games and make it close but not enough to win. Both have a 5-10% chance at best but if they play the match of their lives it could work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts