Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this Twitter screenshot, where a guy that is supposedly Fabio's father claims Miami is cancelled.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
It sucks to lose these events, I am going to miss the tennis...

Maybe a positive aspect is that later in the season the players suffer less fatigue, and we'll have less injuries... maybe.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think it's official by now, and I have to say unfortunately, even though I know there's different opinions on this among people on this forum (what measures should be taken, when and to what extent etc).

I think they were forced to make the decision based on ATP consireding a break (i.e. no ATP tournaments to be played during that time) of at least 6 weeks.

Just sad for tennis, and sad for all sport events with the same fate.

But at the same time I guess this must have been the right move, taking everything we know by now, and what we still don't know/are unsure of, into account.

·
|
15,007 Posts
Probably no tournaments to be played until Madrid.
They'll obviously want to give players some time to prepare for Roland Garros.
And 6 weeks from now is the end of April, and Madrid is played May 3rd.
But will the Players Association let the tour cancel for 6 weeks?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Tennis doesn't need crowds, and Spain already announced its playing all its tournaments without crowds.
They announced it when they had 1 000 infected people. By the time the tournaments start they will have 12 000. These tournaments won't be played, I am 80% sure.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice wishful thinking

Roland probably won't go ahead.

·
|
15,007 Posts
They announced it when they had 1 000 infected people. By the time the tournaments start they will have 12 000. These tournaments won't be played, I am 80% sure.
A random on the internet is 80% sure they will have 12000 infected people a month from now.....

·
|
15,007 Posts
Nice wishful thinking

Wishful thinking on your part, as Roland Garros said the opposite....
Plus we know how keen every slam event is to host Rafa's record-tying 20th Slam.
Nobody will surrender that chance, as these tournament directors want their slam to be part of the historical moment.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice wishful thinking

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wishful thinking on your part, as Roland Garros said the opposite....
Plus we know how keen every slam event is to host Rafa's record-tying 20th Slam.
Nobody will surrender that chance.
Nobody wants to host the slam where the clay vulture bully surpasses the great artist and humanitarian

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
A random on the internet is 80% sure they will have 12000 infected people a month from now.....
This is not my estimation bur rather an extrapolation of what is going on in the neighbouring countries. Noone will be such a fool to play those tournaments.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Some nobody Association says sth, disregarding far bigger fishes policies taken by countries leaders, plus organizations like Who declaring pandemics, plus ignoring what players would say about it and all but N-alot still buys it.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Players have been informed. Americans Noah Rubin and Sachia Vickery already posted on social media about 6 weeks of no tennis and trying to figure out post-IW life respectively.

Reactions: a1canada
1 - 20 of 108 Posts