Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I sincerely hope you don't believe what you just wrote. It is ok for you to deliberately spread a virus that kills health care workers, just because it is their job to deal with infectious diseases? And you compare that to soldiers? So it is also ok to deliberately start a war just because it is the job of soldiers to fight? Really???
Deliberately spreading a virus would be going out knowing you are infected. That is not what is being talked about here. What you are talking about is treating each and every single member of the human race as a source of infection and placing unprecedented restrictions on their freedom. I don't know why so many people think this is the norm for dealing with outbreaks. It absolutely is not. In 1968/69, Hong Kong Flu killed between 1 million and 4 million people, that is to say from 2x to 8x the current death toll of Covid. Yet life went on more or less as normal, governments around the world did not tell citizens who, where and for how long they could associate. People were not forbidden to leave their homes unless they had a valid "excuse". They didn't tell people that they were not allowed to stay overnight at another persons house. You didn't have puritans trying to shame people for not wearing a mask, or for getting too close to other people on a nightout.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Cases in France are raising again. There are already start to implement stricter measures.

You have to be heavily drunk on Pastis to actually believe they will hold the FO with a crowd.

Better start praying that we will see tennis at all. But on the other hand, a clay Slam could be played in a lot of places, it does not have to be Paris.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Cases in France are raising again. There are already start to implement stricter measures.

You have to be heavily drunk on Pastis to actually believe they will hold the FO with a crowd.

Better start praying that we will see tennis at all. But on the other hand, a clay Slam could be played in a lot of places, it does not have to be Paris.

We could already have tennis, if the ATP had been allowed to facilitate smaller tournaments in places that are relatively covid-free.

Instead, we have the selfish FFT and USTA putting their needs ahead of tennis. The slams are making the return of the tour impossible and focusing energy in the wrong place.

What a shitshow.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
We could already have tennis, if the ATP had been allowed to facilitate smaller tournaments in places that are relatively covid-free.

Instead, we have the selfish FFT and USTA putting their needs ahead of tennis. The slams are making the return of the tour impossible and focusing energy in the wrong place.

What a shitshow.
You just want the slams canceled to delay Federer's records being broken.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You just want the slams canceled to delay Federer's records being broken.
You just want Djokovic to mop up two easy slams against a depleted field, no matter how many deaths it causes.

BTW: Have you seen the covid stats for Serbia lately? The major spike in deaths? That's what happens when people underestimate this disease and put their own selfish interests ahead of it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Am I the one telling the slams what they should be doing, or is it you? You're selfish. You want the slams to be canceled just because Federer isn't playing and because you don't want Federer's records to be broken.

I can't take someone seriously with the name "The Federest," sorry. Bye.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I can't take someone seriously with the name "The Federest," sorry. Bye.
Why in the name of goodness did you start talking to me, then?

I can't take seriously somebody who was cheerleading for the Adria Tour and claiming that real men don't fear the coronavirus. Well, guess what? Real Serbians are dying every day because of the stupidity of the government and of the organisers of sporting events.

Bye.

·
Registered
70 Posts
BTW: Have you seen the covid stats for Serbia lately? The major spike in deaths? That's what happens when people underestimate this disease and put their own selfish interests ahead of it.
Again this nonsense. Millions of people meet every day at work, in the streets. One tournament is just drop in the ocean. You prefer to save one covid victim at all costs, probably to feel superior, but totally neglecting damages all these measures are causing, killing more people along the way.
This covid will be here for many years, shutting everything off is not viable option, at all. Your scaremongering doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Again this nonsense. Millions of people meet every day at work, in the streets. One tournament is just drop in the ocean. You prefer to save one covid victim at all costs, probably to feel superior, but totally neglecting damages all these measures are causing, killing more people along the way.
This covid will be here for many years, shutting everything off is not viable option, at all. Your scaremongering doesnt make sense.
Keeping mass events in check is not 'shutting everything off'

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My position doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand it.

And yet it's very simple:

The choice is not between opening nothing and opening everything. I want all the most important things in society to open: small businesses, schools, leisure facilities where possible. I want as much as possible to open.

What I do not want to happen is: open everything too soon, then spike in deaths, then lockdown.

Which is what happened in Serbia. They had almost zero cases. They acted like idiots. Now they're back in partial lockdown.

·
Registered
193 Posts
By the way, the public RG ticket sale started this morning and it still seems to be no problem to buy tickets for every court on almost every day which wouldn't be the case normally - all that despite the greatly reduced capacity. I wouldn't buy a ticket either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My position doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand it.

And yet it's very simple:

The choice is not between opening nothing and opening everything. I want all the most important things in society to open: small businesses, schools, leisure facilities where possible. I want as much as possible to open.

What I do not want to happen is: open everything too soon, then spike in deaths, then lockdown.

Which is what happened in Serbia. They had almost zero cases. They acted like idiots. Now they're back in partial lockdown.
True I dont understand it. spike in deaths, meaning around 10 people / day? Do you know exact conditions of these people, their pre covid state, contributing factors, their age, place where they got infected, % of covid on overall mortality? Partial lockdown because of these "idiots" is probably less serious than any of your desired closing. And as you mentioned, they had almost zero cases so what would be the time to return to normal life? In the autumn, next year or never? Do you want to suck all the joy out of lives for very long and unlimited period?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
And as you mentioned, they had almost zero cases so what would be the time to return to normal life? In the autumn, next year or never? Do you want to suck all the joy out of lives for very long and unlimited period?
People can have 90% of normal life, and just forego the 10% of risky stuff.

But if people insist on doing the stupid stuff (e.g. international tennis tournament with zero social distancing and nightclubbing), then it spoils things for everyone.

Now people are dying Serbia and there's a lockdown. Like duh!

·
Registered
454 Posts
True I dont understand it. spike in deaths, meaning around 10 people / day? Do you know exact conditions of these people, their pre covid state, contributing factors, their age, place where they got infected, % of covid on overall mortality? Partial lockdown because of these "idiots" is probably less serious than any of your desired closing. And as you mentioned, they had almost zero cases so what would be the time to return to normal life? In the autumn, next year or never? Do you want to suck all the joy out of lives for very long and unlimited period?
Damn it man, you just don't get it! Even 1 death from Covid is an absolute disaster and we must leave no stone unturned to prevent it. So what if thousands die from untreated/undiagnosed cancers. So what if the suicide rate skyrockets. So what if millions die from starvation in the third world. None of this matters, only Covid.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Damn it man, you just don't get it! Even 1 death from Covid is an absolute disaster and we must leave no stone unturned to prevent it. So what if thousands die from untreated/undiagnosed cancers. So what if the suicide rate skyrockets. So what if millions die from starvation in the third world. None of this matters, only Covid.
What does all that have to do with a extremely contagious disease and deadly for certain groups . I would like to go to Waken or Metallica this year but no they are not allowed for some reason , it doesnt have to do with cancer or starvation

·
Registered
454 Posts
What does all that have to do with a extremely contagious disease and deadly for certain groups . I would like to go to Waken or Metallica this year but no they are not allowed for some reason , it doesnt have to do with cancer or starvation
"All that" has everything to do with the extreme overreaction to this disease. In the UK, a recent report predicted that 35,000 could die to cancer treatments being cancelled. A UN report predicted that 130 million people could be at risk of starvation in the 3rd world due to the global economic downturn. The unprecedented response to this disease will end up killing far more than the disease.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
"All that" has everything to do with the extreme overreaction to this disease. In the UK, a recent report predicted that 35,000 could die to cancer treatments being cancelled. A UN report predicted that 130 million people could be at risk of starvation in the 3rd world due to the global economic downturn. The unprecedented response to this disease will end up killing far more than the disease.
Utter bullshit.

A pandemic is raging around the world. Just accept it and dont be so fucking ignorant.

Without the measures taken around the world, cases, hospitalisations and Covid deaths would have spiked. Furthermore, of course every other patient would have suffered more because the health system would be even more on the brink of collapse.

And of course the goddamn economy would also have suffered even more.

Its so completely and utterly embarrassing to deny this obvious facts.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Still doesnt have to do with crowds at RG . Haha . But if you are worried about cancer , starvation , do know corona worsen any disease-condition(not in every case) and thrives in poverty . However I agree that something gotta be done for those situations , much less living in hide (omg I hate that) thats the complxity of the situation, it requires puting out fires here and there and they keep coming, but certainly not adding fuel to the fire ! Cmon , a grey area .

101 - 120 of 141 Posts