Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some weird stuff I saw...

I saw Maria Sharapova win a bagel set in California in summer hard court season despite being down game points in each of the six games.
I saw Anna Chakvetadze have her ponytail get stuck in her racquet throat.
I saw Pete Sampras hit a serve so hard that it blasted or exploded straight through Patrick Rafter’s racquet strings in the Cincy final.
I saw Nick Kyrgios asking fans for coaching advice on where to serve at the Citi Open last year.

I saw an ATP player hit a net cord serve that ricocheted right into a ball kid’s hand at the net post at Delray Beach Open.
I saw Boris Becker begging Marcelo Rios to win just a point in 1998 in the QF of Stuttgart. Rios won 62 60.
I saw Marcelo Rios hit an overhead winner vs. Agassi while sitting on his butt after having slipped and fallen. Grand Slam Cup final in 1998 in Germany.

I saw Yoshihito Nishioka and Peter Polansky play a practice set tiebreaker in Delray Beach last year with more intensity and passion than any tiebreaker I ever saw in a live pro match.
I saw Michael Chang do an imitation of Jimmy Connors at the Hamlet Cup in a point of a match in the early 90s which served as a tribute to Jimbo who pulled out of the event on his birthday. It was so unexpected and funny the whole stadium laughed.
I saw Mats Wilander sweeping a clay court at Delray Beach at his Wilander on Wheels event.
I saw Kristina Mladenovic crying two years in a row after losing first round in singles at Citi Open.
I saw Jim Courier reading a book on a changeover at an ATP tournament match.
I saw Bernard Tomic practice at Delray Beach Open last year with his Mizuno shoes untied.
What are some of the strange things you have seen at a pro tennis tournament?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is the best shot I ever saw. Connors put spin on it too lol!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts