Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am an engineering student at the University of Strathclyde (in Scotland), currently i am working on a project for my 4th year looking at ways to the reduce the impact forces in tennis, and therefore also reduce the risk of players developing related upper body injuries, such as tennis elbow.

As part of my research i am conducting a survey to find out more about the market, and thus seeking opinions from as many players as possible. I have attached a link to the survey below, if you have a couple minutes spare please do give it a go, all responses would be a great help and much appreciated! :smile2:

Please click the link below to start the survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SLTZV7P

·
10,295 Posts
Proper training and proper rest. A part of of it unfortunately comes down to genetics.

Some people at 26 will never have issues with tennis elbow, while another 26 year old will be more susceptible to tennis elbow and have issues with it monthly.

Also it comes down to technique and how you hit it. An example is Del Potro and his wrists, which may be a product of genetics and weak wrists, but also his technique on the forehand and backhand and hitting blistering shots.

Federer is maybe less prone, because of his platstyle

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I filled it out, good luck with your research. It made me realise maybe I should take these kind of things more serious when I play tennis or any sports really. I use nothing to protect myself from wear and tear. I'm just lucky to never really suffer any injury yet aside from sometimes I get a mild hot sensation near the top of my back... doesn't happen much when I am hitting tennis balls though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proper training and proper rest. A part of of it unfortunately comes down to genetics.

Some people at 26 will never have issues with tennis elbow, while another 26 year old will be more susceptible to tennis elbow and have issues with it monthly.

Also it comes down to technique and how you hit it. An example is Del Potro and his wrists, which may be a product of genetics and weak wrists, but also his technique on the forehand and backhand and hitting blistering shots.

Federer is maybe less prone, because of his platstyle
I filled it out, good luck with your research. It made me realise maybe I should take these kind of things more serious when I play tennis or any sports really. I use nothing to protect myself from wear and tear. I'm just lucky to never really suffer any injury yet aside from sometimes I get a mild hot sensation near the top of my back... doesn't happen much when I am hitting tennis balls though.
Thanks guys for your input. Yeah its definitely an interesting area, much more to it than i first thought - and there's a ton of research papers out their on the subject - which i've been filling my brain with over the past month! Thanks to those who have filled out the survey so far, please keep it coming!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts