What is Underdog Tennis Tipping?
- A variation of the popular game Tennis Tipping played on both MTF and TF , the MAIN DIFFERENCE is in each round you must pick at least 1 highlighted ODDS UNDERDOG in the Order of Play , thus creating more difference, and more exciting matches overall . Regular tennis tipping has approximately 70 % picking all ODDS FAVORITES every match , IF you pick all FAVORITES here , you will be DISQUALIFIED !
1. Introduction to TT
1. What is Tennis Tipping?
Tennis Tipping is a game which tries to recreate the atmosphere of the ATP circuit. It consists of predicting the winners of the singles matches of a given day or round, but unlike the other tennis prediction games, the players are sorted in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant, and whoever gets the highest score moves on to the next round, when the winning players begin a new match (scores from the previous round are not carried on).
Here are some other similarities between TT and the ATP Tour:
· The game is played individually (singles competition)
· The categories of events are in compliance with the ITF/ATP regulations (Grand Slams, Masters 1000, ATP 500, ATP 250, Challengers/Futures, ATP Tour Finals, Davis Cup);
· Entries and seedings are based on a 52-week ranking system.
2. How do I sign up to a TT tournament?
Just find the thread of the tournament you would like to play and post ‘IN’. The Tennis Tipping tournament threads are usually opened in the Forum of the actual ATP event. The calendar of events being held each year can be found in the ‘Managers Thread’.
It’s important to know that you can only commit to one tournament in each week.
3. How do I send in my predictions?
Players must pick the winners of the scheduled matches on each day of play. One day before the start of each day of play, the manager of the tournament will post the list of matches to be predicted, together with instructions on how to send the picks, the username to whom the picks should be addressed and the deadline after which no picks will be accepted.
The predictions must be sent by a PM. The message should be titled similarly to “TT (Name of the Tournament) – Day”. Picks can be sent anytime until the deadline set by the manager which usually is the beginning of play each day.
POINTS & TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
LIST OF EVENTS LINKS
HOW TO SCORE A MATCH- with tie-break included