Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For me my main three are Gambill, Phillopousis and Clement. All 3 with Great potential though have not yet fulfilled the promise.

Gambill has all the weapons including one of the most consistent serves yet his Grand Slams have been disappointing. This is similar with Flip (Before the Knee Injury) he has all the weapons the serve well documented a great forehand but yet he has also failed to deliever. Meanwhile Clement final appearance at the Oz Open seems to have hampered him. I think the pressure from the French was too much for him and he has yet to recapture the form he showed to reach that Final. I also think that it is a kind of mental thing as well.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Kiefer

·
Registered
561 Posts
Kiefer, he should still be top 10.
Phillipoussis, he should be top 5.
Federer, but he has still a lot of time.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Thomas has been struck down by so many injuries (its sad)
but when he is hot, he's a joy to watch

one of my fav players :)

he's won plenty of masters but should have won a Hard Court slam

·
Registered
202 Posts
i hate to say this, but if safin had taken the chances he was given he would have achieved far more by now, he's not the biggest underachiever in the game, but imo he has underachieved.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree Greg has underachieved, others i suppose in my opinion would include:

Cedric Pioline
Mark Phillopousis

and by far... Yevgeny Kafelnikov

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Marat Safin, yes. He is probably the biggest "natural talent" out there.
Nicolas Kiefer is someone I would put there too. A lot of touch and talent, little reflect in his results.
Yevgeny had a lot of good results, but he should have done even better. He is there too.
Those are the biggest ones I guess

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Nicolas Kiefer :eek: he is still cool though :D

Atilla Savolt :eek: You might think differently but I think his results could have been much better than they were/are.

Federer and Marat still have time.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
- Mark Phili (all the talent, bu no GS titles)
- Yevgeny Kafelnikov (with his all-court game, he shoulda had more success on ALL surfaces. he might as well retire now!)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Agassi. he coulda had more Slams. :mad:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Leo7 - he will retire, if Russian wins the Davis Cup this year.

Tennischick - funny, I mentioned that in the Pete and Andre thread the other day. I didn't say he should have won more slams, I just said that he underachieved for so long - bu I totally agree with you.

If he had had Petes focus during the mid 90's....

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think Marat & Federer has a lot of time to remedy their under achieverness (LOL, is there such a word)!
In a word Flip, the guy is 6 foot 6 inches, can whack the ball to kingdom come, strong, excellent service, I guess his heart is not really into tennis. And add to that,his misfortune of being injury prone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts