Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Olympic tennis tournament alone is greater than slams, than what can we say about the Olympics in general - the whole world and almost all the sports all in one place and time - easily the world's greatest event. Also, there is no doubt that Tokyo 2020 was capable to make this Olympics the new GOAT event. As a fan of sport and Olympics, I really thought that this is going to be the Olympic year and that summer is going to be awesome because of it.

However, as we all should know, there are more important things in life. So, as a fan of this event but above all as an unbiased and objective observer, I have a message for all, especially for those stubborn Tokio 2020 organizers who wanted to prioritize this event over safety, and that message is - FUCK OLYMPICS.

And since the Olympics are finally canceled, we might as well cancel all the sports for the whole year, because sport without Olympics sucks. And yes, that includes tennis as well.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If Olympic tennis tournament alone is greater than slams, than what can we say about the Olympics in general - the whole world and almost all the sports all in one place and time - easily the world's greatest event. Also, there is no doubt that Tokyo 2020 was capable to make this Olympics the new GOAT event. As a fan of sport and Olympics, I really thought that this is going to be the Olympic year and that summer is going to be awesome because of it.

However, as we all should know, there are more important things in life. So, as a fan of this event but above all as an unbiased and objective observer, I have a message for all, especially for those stubborn Tokio 2020 organizers who wanted to prioritize this event over safety, and that message is - FUCK OLYMPICS.

And since the Olympics are finally canceled, we might as well cancel all the sports for the whole year, because sport without Olympics sucks. And yes, that includes tennis as well.
Does this mean that sport sucks 3/4 of the time?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean that sport sucks 3/4 of the time?
All other years are like a warmup and preparation for the Olympic years. And now, when this Olympic year is ruined, the least we can do is cancel all sports in 2020.

·
10,131 Posts
This is a biased analysis , unless you word it as Unbiased's analysis. Then it would be correct.

Also this will probably end up in the ruins or merged with another thread, so don't get too mad if that happens.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
All posts in GM must end up in ruins since we all are , in deeply ruins , quarentined , tired , anxious, and no tennis.... at least we can count on Nadal a lot positive posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Fuck sports as long as the alcohol outlets are open once in a while. I miss sports...especially tennis, but of course health first. Now with this lockdown, not sure if after 2 years we will have cirrhosis problem.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Cry more. Tennis at the Olympics is a footnote in comparison to Grand Slams and the WTF. Unlike in many other sports, the Olympics is not the pinnacle of tennis and is actually considerably easier to win than those events because Grand Slams are best of 5, and you actually have to face top players in the WTF. Thiem considers the Olympics a Mickey Mouse tournament given that he chooses to skip the event repeatedly. Top players have on many occasions skipped the Olympics to prepare for the US Open, which just shows how much more important Grand Slams are compared to tennis at the Olympics.

·
|
14,103 Posts
Rafa already has a Gold in singles and doubles so I don't mind if he never plays the Olympics ever again.
Its really neat, because he has no silvers and no bronzes, so good to keep golds and nothing else....so that's the upside of him never playing Olympics again, he won't spoil his golden medal collection with silvers or bronzes.

·
Your visions will happen
46,939 Posts
Lol no

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Keep them coming, BSaIot, the comedy's pure goId. Btw, as of now i’d like to nominate the Swiss ‘GOAT’ & his 'IoveIy' wife as one of the front runners for luckiest sports coupIe of the year if not decade & perhaps having officiaIIy compensated for WB19 40-15.

·
6,195 Posts
Rafa already has a Gold in singles and doubles so I don't mind if he never plays the Olympics ever again.
Its really neat, because he has no silvers and no bronzes, so good to keep golds and nothing else....so that's the upside of him never playing Olympics again, he won't spoil his golden medal collection with silvers or bronzes.
Lol, you must be so glad Nadal lost his Bronze medal match against Nishikori in Rio?
Makes a lot of sense to get 4th place there, and come home with nothing.

·
Registered
17 Posts

WE should keep hope as long as possible, even if the future doesn‘t look bright.
Here in Austria Summer Olympics don‘t mean a lot. I guess it really depends on the county. USA for example value it a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hogwash...Could not care less about tennis in the olympics. If you bring the olympics back to the basics, that would be cool. But all these non-sense events ruins it. Synchronized swimming? LOL With the exception of the track and field events, it's a background channel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts