Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Monfils better not going into Sliderman mode, otherwise Thiem will bully him around with the FH (very underrated shot).
This is exactly what happend after the 1. set (in which Monf played very well and aggressive). Also Monfils ran out of steam at the end so :hatoff: to Kohli

Break point conversion is still a big problem, especially when he got 0:40.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Umag SF: Thiem def. Monfils 1-6, 6-3, 6-1

Dominic was just overwhelmed in the first set and monfils played really well. 2nd set dominic got into the match more and monfils's level dropped. 3rd set dominic missed 2 0-40's in a row on monfils's serve but then gael handed him the break with a double fault after getting to deuce the 2nd time. after the break it was typical monfils. dominic broke for the match

·
Registered
14,899 Posts
How Monfils has got any fans is beyond me.

But who cares about that clown, right now? Final for Thiem, it's a good thing. (But get rid of that trashy haircut.)

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Dominics opponents can't deal with the heat as good as Domi it seems :lol:

Thanks to Gael for the 2 DF who gifted Domi the break - Domi wouldn't convert any BP otherwise :lol:

2nd final this year :yeah:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Yes! :yippee: In the first set Monfils was bossing Thiem around the court with his defense and big ground strokes. Thiem managed to hold his serve at the beginning of the 2nd and eventually went on to brake which solidified the set. He had many chances to brake at the beginning of the 3rd but couldn't convert but was helped by a Monfils DF. From then on the ran away with the match and played firmly from the baseline. His forehand was on fire :worship: Now win your second title Dom!

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
worst haircut in tennis history moves on

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I don't know, maybe La Monf doesn't want to get worse his tragic finals record and prefers to lose in SF?
It's his 5th SF loss this year.
That being said, it's not Thiem's problem, so good win for him. Sousa will be tough customer though.

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
Very nice win for Dom :yeah: What a turnaround after the 1st set :D Not very good on BPs, though, would like to see that improved.....

·
Registered
641 Posts
Dominic :worship:

Playing them all physically dead. :drool:

But his error-fest at the end of first set was a big mess :tape:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Playing them all physically dead. :drool:
:drool:

At the beginning of the year so many people said he would lack stamina :p

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Even LGBT B-movies in the 90s didn't showcase this kind of hairdos. (And I'm gay.)

Please, tell me you're joking.
Maybe it was sarcasm ;) At least his style of tennis attractive.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
How Monfils has got any fans is beyond me.

But who cares about that clown, right now? Final for Thiem, it's a good thing. (But get rid of that trashy haircut.)
I mean, I don't get how RBA has any fans...but I mean...:shrug:

You know? We like who we like...:shrug:

Anyways, good job Dominic, and ugh at that haircut.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts