Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy match, in the final set Simon was already 5-0* up. Wasted 4mps, both on Davydenko's serve during the set, but Kolya got back to *5-3, had 0-40, Simon got to deuce after that Kolya had 5 more bps, couldn't convert, Simon then converted on his first mp in this service game, fifth in total.

I guess it's in a way an expected result.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Crazy match, in the final set Simon was already 5-0* up. Wasted 2mps, both on Davydenko's serve during the set, but Kolya got back to *5-3, had 0-40, Simon got to deuce after that Kolya had at least 4 or 5 more bps, couldn't convert, Simon then converted on his first mp in this service game, third in total.
Crazy finish. Simon :yeah:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
Davydenko had his 3 weeks of holidays around Europe, now he'll get back to business

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Enjoyable match, great tennis in the first set, the 2nd and the 3rd until 5-0 were horrible, but the finish was so crazy.
When they played last time in Hamburg, Simon was leading 4-1 in the 3rd set and he lost, so he said he was getting nervous this time when he couldn't serve it out.

Davydenko obviously not playing at his best, but Simon was really playing great tennis today. :yeah:

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
expected win by Simon :yeah:
Are you a machine that says expected win to every match?

no way you expected that, your bullshitting. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kolya putting the defeat down to lighter rackets that are not giving him enough power. Get a grip Kolya!

"After Paris I changed to lighter rackets so that I could play faster on the grass", Davydenko explained. "For me it was easy to control the ball on grass, now I try to get back to clay and I am losing my power. I have good control hitting to the lines, but no power. Making so many mistakes because trying to push balls and does not go into the court. I try to put weight, but it's pretty tough now to change rackets to get more power."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kolya :eek: :sad: :help:

Congrats, Simon. :) :yeah:

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts