Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tough conditions out there with both guys looking dead on their feet at points in the match. Kavcic should have won the 1st set sooner but regrouped to take it on the tiebreak. Rublev came back strongly in the 2nd but Blaz raised his game again and broke at the start of the 3rd then held his serve (coming back from 0-40 in one game) to win the match.

Blaz was the smarter player, moving Rublev around the court and varying the pace of the ball well. Rublev can hit some big forehands but he's not so effective when he's taken out of position which Blaz did very well today.

Rublev is a strange guy. He has one of those unfortunate faces that looks like he is always about to burst into tears and he really needs to work on his attitude. Even when he was doing well, he never looked happy or like he was enjoying himself.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Go Sloveniaaa! :woohoo:
Awesome job by our Kavcic. Kill those teenage GOAT dreams. :haha:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Considering Rublev flew across half of the world, changed surface, is experiencing jet lag, and to top of it this tough conditions, he played a rather good match.

If this was a "normal" match, I think he would won this. For me, he is already a better player. Won't be long until he comes to top 100, maybe even till the end of this year.

ps. I heard comentator saying that Rublev weights only 64kg! :eek: And that on his 188cm height.
It's almost as if the hair is heavier than him :)

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
even Granollers would be proud of Kavcic's grunting. so fucking disgusting, somebody should do something and ban these clowns form stepping on tennis court

·
MONSOON season.
82,044 Posts
With Rublev we have someone I'll be happy to cheer against for years :hatoff:

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Tough conditions out there with both guys looking dead on their feet at points in the match. Kavcic should have won the 1st set sooner but regrouped to take it on the tiebreak. Rublev came back strongly in the 2nd but Blaz raised his game again and broke at the start of the 3rd then held his serve (coming back from 0-40 in one game) to win the match.

Blaz was the smarter player, moving Rublev around the court and varying the pace of the ball well. Rublev can hit some big forehands but he's not so effective when he's taken out of position which Blaz did very well today.

Rublev is a strange guy. He has one of those unfortunate faces that looks like he is always about to burst into tears and he really needs to work on his attitude. Even when he was doing well, he never looked happy or like he was enjoying himself
I am no fan of Rublev but it is always hilarious to see Hypnocrite, the fan of a man who just got arrested for playing his music too loud, saying any player needs to work on their attitude.

·
Registered
70,007 Posts
rublev lacks so much stamina...

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Maja Matevzic also beat Maria Sharapova at IW or Miami when she got WC :haha:

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Kavcic's pushing in this match was downright revolting, the better player lost definitely. He better enjoy this tainted victory because if they play again in the future there's no doubt Rublev will win easily.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Losing to Kavcic :lol: this mug is comedy gold

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
I heard comentator saying that Rublev weights only 64kg! :eek: And that on his 188cm height.
No way, Rublev is 188 cm in height. The ATP site says the same, but I have seen him on numerous occasions in Barcelona this year and definitely looked smaller to me.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
No way, Rublev is 188 cm in height. The ATP site says the same, but I have seen him on numerous occasions in Barcelona this year and definitely looked smaller to me.
Maybe cause he weighs 64 kg. That is really low for 188 though, even though he's still 17.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts