Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you say retire in Russian? Youzhny looks 43 instead of 33, so slow.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Why retire now? Youzhny still collecting R1 paychecks... Umag now, then Gstaad, Kitzbuhel, Rogers Cup (qualifying), I imagine he'll get in the qualifying in Cincinnati Masters too, then US Open, some weaker asian tournaments, Moscow, St Petersburg with wild cards... Davydenko's road :)

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Youzhny looks 43 instead of 33, so slow.
Colonel should retire by the end of this season.
This is embarassing, humiliating and makes no sense to continue on this level for a player who could challenge in his heyday even Nadal on HC.

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Why retire now? Youzhny still collecting R1 paychecks... Umag now, then Gstaad, Kitzbuhel, Rogers Cup (qualifying), I imagine he'll get in the qualifying in Cincinnati Masters too, then US Open, some weaker asian tournaments, Moscow, St Petersburg with wild cards... Davydenko's road :)
He'll finish much lower by this rate than Nikolay when his ATP career will end.

·
Administrator
9,548 Posts
Colonel should retire by the end of this season.
This is embarassing, humiliating and makes no sense to continue on this level for a player who could challenge in his heyday even Nadal on HC.
He once told Eurosport he wanted to beat Federer first before he retires

·
Registered
11,315 Posts
Youzhny really needs to call it a career. He's only embarrassing himself out on the court at this point. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Youzhny should have retired ages ago. It's getting embarrassing now. Shame he's struggled so much recently. I'd imagine him to announce retirement at Moscow.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
He once told Eurosport he wanted to beat Federer first before he retires
I guess it's too late for that now. In this kind of form it's doubtful he'll ever have a match with him again. Oh well, he was once upon a time a great player.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Colonel is still in the top 100. Incredible. He's been sucking for over a year now.

·
MONSOON season.
82,285 Posts
:rolls: Trinker in the 2R of an ATP event. Anything can happen.

·
Administrator
9,548 Posts
Colonel is still in the top 100. Incredible. He's been sucking for over a year now.
Shanghai Masters saves him and was close to reach the top 20 at that time again. Ah, forgot to mention that he was last year to the day #19 :lol:

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Youzhny is in the top 100 since January 2001, it has been a spectacular ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts