Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,623 Posts
Re: Umag R3: HAASE DEF. RUBLEV 6-3 7-6

R3 exists in some events (see some 500s) but rare. Does Umag have this large a field?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,623 Posts
Rublev is so hot and cold. He was hitting lights out against FAA but couldn't handle Haase's variety. Why can't these youngsters make adjustments?
1d stuff. Hitting every ball hard is not always the smartest way to win pts and as I remarked in his march vs Dimitrov at AO the guy appears to have a net allergy.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The younger players seem to have game plan A hit hard. If game plan A doesn't work, game plan B is hit harder.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Rublev is so hot and cold. He was hitting lights out against FAA but couldn't handle Haase's variety. Why can't these youngsters make adjustments?
Of course hitting as hard as you can as only plan will work if you're on fire. And against another young developing, he doesn't need much else. Just consistency.

Something's missing here. Too much hope and energy put in these youngs as the next gen. I see: No jedi force or Neo potential. Just plain one dimentional muggles. Ok, Nerd off. It's actually worse than that: They are not enjoyable at all, mostly.

One-dimentional play works if you're great at it: Zverev in Bo3 for instance.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
It's his first tournament back after injury, hadn't played for three months. He beat Haase in Monte Carlo, which was his final tournament before the break

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Rublev lost to Hahaase in both singles and doubles this weak. Preparation for CYGS continues! :worship:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like both players so I was happy for one and sad for the other. I'm still wondering what happened to Joe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts