·
Registered
3,534 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Umag QF: RBA def. Coric 63 63

Good match, high quality.

Excellent performance by Bautista. Superb defence and very nice offensive flat strokes when needed.
Overall, too strong for Borna still.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The haters will choose to ignore this, but he apparently wasn't feeling well this afternoon. It was very apparent that he was trying to play short points and that's just not his game. Strategy wise he was all over the place, sending everything to RBA's forehand, approaching the net without a decent shot. RBA was average but Borna was so piss poor that this shouldn't even have lasted as long as it did.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

Absolutely NID result. Talented shotmaker takes out the trash.

Reactions: ViennaCalling

·
Registered
285 Posts

nothing to be ashamed of...rba is still too solid for him at this stage, but it won't be the case in a year or two.

·
Registered
340 Posts

The haters will choose to ignore this, but he apparently wasn't feeling well this afternoon. It was very apparent that he was trying to play short points and that's just not his game. Strategically he was all over the place, sending everything to RBA's forehand, approaching the net without a decent shot. RBA was average but Borna was so piss poor that this shouldn't even have lasted as long as it did.
You and I probably haven't watch the same match I guess :)

·
Registered
14,899 Posts
The haters will choose to ignore this, but he apparently wasn't feeling well this afternoon. It was very apparent that he was trying to play short points and that's just not his game. Strategy wise he was all over the place, sending everything to RBA's forehand, approaching the net without a decent shot. RBA was average but Borna was so piss poor that this shouldn't even have lasted as long as it did.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Your salt.

On my fries.

Yummy

·
Registered
20,717 Posts

don't know what's more pathetic and annoying. Coric falling apart and collapsing at every tournament or Coric's inability to return basic 160 kmh serves. first fact is pathetic because this isn't some amateur club level, the guy is surrounded by physios, doctors, coaches and lives from running and grinding everything down but his body can't sustain common match. second fact is pathetic because for his play style return is one of key shots which should be rock solid on daily basis but still after Karlovic has maybe the worst return in top 100 . Coric should learn to put serve back in court and buy an egg or he is doing syspihus job

·
Registered
20,717 Posts

as for Bautista. the guy is unwatchable, he makes you wonder why people struggling to pay bills and earn for life, they should just become tennis players . Monaco looks like talented shotmaker for bautista

·
Registered
340 Posts

Apparently. I don't know what's so "high quality" about this match. Borna missed like 20 returns that were under 180 kmh and right into his racket, The total UE count was like 60 or something.
I think he missed so many returns because he was going for it a bit to much. That is maybe even good as rewards for that style will come in future.

However, if you don't think this was a good play by Bautista, I don't know what is. If he can play better than this he would be GS contenter.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
RBA seems hell bent on beating the world record for # of fluke runs. No matter though, he will be found out soon enough.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts