19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great result for tennis :bigclap:

2nd career title for Cuevas and 2nd in three weeks. Great run for him

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Umag F: Cuevas def. Robredo 6-3 6-4

So that's 10 clay wins in a row, which puts him ahead of Rafa (9) for most this year. :worship:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts

solid from Cuevas but Robredo was error machine

so random - Cuevas with two titles :tape:

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

I'm happy I didn't watch this and came home today.

Robredo was a shadow of himself, making loads of errors. Returning 140 km/h serves 6 meters behind the baseline :facepalm:
Cuevas played just good enough to take this match on the end. What a run from qualifing, just amazing. :worship: Nowhere to be seen a few months ago - now wins two titles in a row.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Brilliant handful of weeks for Cuevas.

Well done :worship:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
This is a huge result for Cuevas. I know Robredo is way past his peak, but he's a big step up in quality from Joao Sousa in Bastad. In fact, the whole tournament was a step up from Bastad. I think this second title proves he's a genuine top quality clay-courter, and fixture in the top 50 (and quite possibly beyond) for as long as he stays fit.

It's amazing how in three weeks, the whole outlook of a career can go from being one of unfulfilled expectations (mainly due to injuries) to genuine joy and hope for the future (despite the fact he's approaching 29).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pablo wins in Gstaad :yeah:
Pablo wins in Umag :yeah:

what a week :D

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
The new Fognini :worship:

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Impressive recovery by Cuevas at the end, his service game at 4-1 was horrendous. Robredo was poor but credit to Cuevas, coming through qualifying then beating last year's finalists in one day to win is seriously impressive.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
How did Cilic lose to this Robredo?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts