Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god, chokes don't get much chokier than this.

Lorenzi called a MTO at 3-3 40-40, received treatment, PCB fell apart totally and got very angry, only for Lorenzi to pull off one of the chokes of the year. Missed a ridiculous number of sitter volleys. PCB hit a great pass to decisively break.

PCB gets incredibly defensive on big points, often outright pushes. But that served him well here.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nice comeback pablito!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
343 Posts
This wasn't a choke, it was a fix. Anyone who followed the odds would know that.

Fair play to Lorenzi, though. He played the match exactly as intended.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This wasn't a choke, it was a fix. Anyone who followed the odds would know that.

Fair play to Lorenzi, though. He played the match exactly as intended.
Oh come on, they played like a 7 shot rally on one MP. Which he controlled. Not like he double faulted twice.

To think this was a fix
a. PCB would have had to have been in on it
b. PCB would have had to have incredible composure to hit many defensive shots on MP that didn't set up for Lorenzi

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
I'm glad I forgot to watch this. Lorenzi doesn't have a shocking amount of points to defend in the rest of the year, but he'll probably have to vulture some South American Challengers to secure his top 100 spot. He won't get as lucky again as last year, when he drew Volandri in the first round of an indoor hardcourt event :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts