Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
And contrary to Novax tour, they have been taking all the measures to protect the players: regular testing, regular desinfection of the venues, social distancing, no crowd, no hug after the match, no party
aka, no fun?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This cant replace proper tennis, but its fun as an exho. I watched the Goffin Thiem match highlights, Thiem was incredibly good. He beat Goffin on hardcourt for the first time, the match up favours Goffin very match, especially outside of clay, so the result indicates a very sharp Thiem. I think he might win the next slam, whatever it might be. Goffin wasnt great but decent. Both of their hitting looked insanely beautiful with that low angle.

This event seems to be designed for guys like us, the real tennis heads

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Who's watching Paire x Goffin?
You gotta love this event. Great tennis and great player - commentator interaction :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Who's watching Paire x Goffin?
You gotta love this event. Great tennis and great player - commentator interaction :ROFLMAO:
GOAT commentary by Paire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Tsitsipas-Moutet match had bigger drama, when Moutet started yelling at Tsitsipas father because he was talking to his son, calling him an idiot and disrespectful

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
The Tsitsipas-Moutet match had bigger drama, when Moutet started yelling at Tsitsipas father because he was talking to his son, calling him an idiot and disrespectful
I haven't seen a single match, exho or otherwise, where Moutet didn't act like an asylum escapee.

Reactions: sdon and Keras85

·
Registered
127 Posts
I forgot all about this event this weekend.

Looking at the results though, Tsitsipas must have won at least half his matches in sudden death. And holy shit, stop the press, Dustin Brown actually managed to win a match.

Moutet's meltdown:

What he said after the match:

“Stefanos is a good guy, but his father is stupid. Everyone thinks he’s stupid. He pisses me off. He talks all the time when I serve. He pisses me off. He is not respectful. He only thinks of himself.”

Tsitsipas' thoughts on the matter:

·
Registered
57,782 Posts
Pretty sure they aren't playing for anything (except money- the winner gets 70% of the proceeds) today as tomorrow's semifinalists (Tsitsipas, Gasquet, Berrettini, Goffin in that order) are already determined, but Berrettini's sub for today, Rune, was quite impressive. He's 17, but hits the ball very maturely. Came back from 2 sets down to get Moutet to sudden death, and lost only after having 2 MPs.

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
I forgot all about this event this weekend.

Looking at the results though, Tsitsipas must have won at least half his matches in sudden death. And holy shit, stop the press, Dustin Brown actually managed to win a match.

Moutet's meltdown:

What he said after the match:

“Stefanos is a good guy, but his father is stupid. Everyone thinks he’s stupid. He pisses me off. He talks all the time when I serve. He pisses me off. He is not respectful. He only thinks of himself.”

Tsitsipas' thoughts on the matter:

Lol "You're French, you're all weirdos"

Coming from Tsitsipas though?

·
Registered
57,782 Posts
Not the biggest fan of sudden death but it made for a dramatic final.
From MP Tsitsipas to match Berrettini in 2 spectacular shots from Berrettini- a full stretch volley winner and a bullet pass on the run. Tsitsipas won (quite a few!) more points, even more if you subtract "winner x3"
Berrettini 16-15 15-12 12-14 8-15 3-2. Saved MP in the semi too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Unsurprising that in a tournament that rewards big servers, the biggest server won. Imagine a world where this format was the norm and Isner was the goat. Shudder.

I wouldn't mind seeing this take place again in the future, but sudden death needs to die asap. How did they think that it was a good idea.

I'm probably alone but I prefer the normal camera angle too. Ground level is good as a change-up for a few shots but otherwise gets annoying.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts