Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from yahoo.fr

Bodhan Ulihrach was controlled positive with the nandrolone during the tournament of Moscow last October, announced to Thursday the Czech player of tennis. Ulihrach, the old Czech number one, is classified 9è with the ATP. It was declared shocked by the results of the analyses and said to be unaware of how the steroid could have been detected in its body. It indicated to be in waiting of the results of the test of the sample B, which should be known soon. "In December I received a letter saying to me that the control of sample A carried out on October 3 in Moscow was positive (...) with the nandrolone", Ulihrach said to the Sport daily newspaper. "I had been tested on 29 August with US Open and again on October 11 in Vienna. The two tests were negative ", it specified

sorry for the translation but the article was in french.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, I wondered why hadn't seen much of him playing on the Tour recently...

Accusations of drug abuse seems to be a curse that afflicts Czech players in particular - first Karel Novacek, then the infamous controversy over Petr Korda that forced him out of the game, and now Ulihrach.

Although Novak seems too calm a fellow for such activities, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stepanek tested positive for a banned substance some time in the future - those big lips can only have come from some body-enhancing chemical or other...

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sjengster said:
wouldn't be at all surprised if Stepanek tested positive for a banned substance some time in the future - those big lips can only have come from some body-enhancing chemical or other...

:rolleyes: speculations...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
:rolleyes: Joke...

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
not another one!!! sheesh!! :( :(

i'll never forgive Lipanek for making Guga look so silly in Australia...:( :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hope what he said was true, that he didn't took any performance enhancing drugs! :(

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Lipanek, that's a good one, lol.

I actually have a sneaking fondness for Stepanek, simply because he's such a character - I remember when he hit a backhand stretch volley past Kuerten at the net he went running round the court, arms held aloft like a bird.

At times he seems so casual, flippant and free-spirited during matches that he actually makes Kuerten look crabby and bad-tempered in comparison, although that has been easier to do in the last 18 months or so.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Czech Ulichrach.. Tested positive in Moscow.. Announced just a week before DC match between Czechs and Russians.. Could be coincidence.. Could be not..

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
y_s said:
Czech Ulichrach.. Tested positive in Moscow.. Announced just a week before DC match between Czechs and Russians.. Could be coincidence.. Could be not..
Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm....

Anyway, I will never like Stepanek either! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Hmm....it's funny how only non Americans have been caught.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So he is ranked 90 something and tests positive.

All think that ALL above him are clean ?
If they nail one Top 10 player we maybe start talking ?

My opinion - at leats 20% of Top 100 is doped...
Both men and women.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Which 20% were you thinking of exactly?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Should I list them ? :)

Just my opinion. And of Top 10 players I say same 20% both sides. That is only 2 of 10, your pick.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you list them it could be interesting

·
Registered
162 Posts
Minimum_Chips said:
If you list them it could be interesting
I know.
Of Top 10... hmmmm.

Entry Top 10

1 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS )
2 Agassi, Andre (USA )
3 Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP )
4 Moya, Carlos (ESP )
5 Federer, Roger (SUI )
6 Roddick, Andy (USA )
7 Safin, Marat (RUS )
8 Costa, Albert (ESP )
9 Nalbandian, David (ARG )
10 Novak, Jiri (CZE )

Want names ? Then my picks are ---- one American and one European...

Women Top 10

1 WILLIAMS, SERENA,USA
2 WILLIAMS, VENUS,USA
3 CLIJSTERS, KIM,BEL
4 HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE,BEL
5 HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA,SVK
6 CAPRIATI, JENNIFER,USA
7 MAURESMO, AMELIE,FRA
8 DOKIC, JELENA,YUG
9 SELES, MONICA,USA
10 DAVENPORT, LINDSAY,USA

Same here one American and certainly one European.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts