Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/2709173.stm

Former Czech number one Bohdan Ulihrach has tested positive for the banned steroid nandrolone.
He told the Czech daily newspaper 'Sport' that he was shocked by the result, which followed a test in Moscow last October.

Ulihrach, who is ranked 92nd in the world after recent injuries, has not played so far this year due to a partially torn calf muscle.

He said he had received the A test results and was still waiting the outcome of the B test.

"In December I received a letter that said my A test from a Moscow tournament taken on 3 October was positive for nandrolone," Ulihrach told the paper.

"I was tested on 29 August at the US Open and then again on 11 October, just a week after the Moscow test, in Vienna. Both of those tests were negative."

Ulihrach, 27, turned pro in 1993 and has won three ATP Tour singles titles.

Fellow Czech Petr Korda, the 1998 Australian Open champion and former world number two, was found to have used nandrolone at the 1998 Wimbledon championships.

After protracted appeals, he was subsequently banned for one year.

Korda, who throughout the ordeal proclaimed his innocence, tried a short-lived comeback in December 2000.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
more details here; thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well can anybody post a picture of the guy, so we'll know where did all that drug went to? If indeed he took the drugs, innocent until proven guilty everbody!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts