Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Éowyn said:
but fact is they SHOULD be showing night games and when it coemsto USO ALL the big matches are at night so we're gonna see none, by senidng emails we're at least trying to make a difference!
WHAT??????? they are not going to show the night matches in USO??????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
duno thats the problem! we don't know! only way to be sure is to bug them and make them realise that people WANT to watch it!

and from what i know of tv channles they usually take each letter, complaint etc as a representation of so many people! so the more we do the more people we represent! only way to be sure right?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Éowyn said:
well we dunno in previous years they have shown night matches of TMS too and as they're not doing it now we don't know! so at least by emailing we can TRY and make them show them! it can't fucking hurt can it? it's not like threy're gonna get emails and cancel all coverage!

as for fullstops fuck you i'll type how i want!

and i didn't say his ability changed how good an analyst like i said i don't give a damn anout who commentates i actually love the fact that when they do have interactive there is NO commentary it's so much better
They've rarely shown night matches from TMS events live since I started watching with IW 2002 - only a few rare cases, like the Hewitt-Roddick and Federer-Agassi matches at IW and Miami this year. They have, on the other hand, shown US Open night matches live for ages, and there's nothing to suggest that they're going to stop doing it this year.

I'm not sure whether you can call that grammar-free stream of consciousness typing.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
ADMIN- We need an insulting tennis coverage forum...NOW

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
hahaha, what a good post to make as my 4000th post.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
ADMIN- We need an insulting tennis coverage forum...NOW
:haha:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Geniey2g said:
Exactly. Why he's the face of Sky tennis I will never know.
cos the previous "face" Andrew Castle left :rolls:

Bailey was on commentary duty before, now we got to look at his ugly feaatures all the time.

if all it takes to be a commentator for UK tennis is to have ONE good match (in a losing cause) at Wimbledon........ we might all have a shot :devil:.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Yes this has really pissed me off, although considering the players who have been left in the draw (i havent been to dissapointed). But the problem is (i am sure they pay for the coverage beforehand? so they buy the rights to certain matches? (maybe i am totally wrong).
But if what i say is true, then its not a problem of money (its a problem of them not changing their schedule). And if this is the case, why not put the tennis on interactive! This is brainless stuff, thats what bbc does when it isnt on bbc1/2
The way the tournaments schedule usually means the best matches are the night matches, so we get a piddly little highlight show which is usually dominated by the horse chin for example.
The usopen seems to be great coverage (apart from the video quality, it was awful last year. Not many people seemed to notice, but i heard a few other people disgusted by the disgraceful quality (its 2004 and the quality was worse than 1970!!). But saying that, they do cover all the matches and i can remember staying up till 5am to watch the night session a few times. So i think we will be ok on that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
so now its raining in montreal...

if the play of the final agassi vs nadal is delayed,
are they not going to show it at all?????????????????????

21 - 29 of 29 Posts