Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this cute video from the Swiss FF

We Turks were due play the opening game against Italy few days ago, now unfortunately European nations have to wait a year to witness that. Let's stay healthy till this wonderful tourney resumes. I will update the thread through the year till June 2021. And MTFers can discuss/comment on the matches in this thread, as well.

Will be a tough group, no?

@swiss_tennisgod
@Iblis_00

Registered
Very interesting group. There are always a lot of emotions involved when Switzerland and Turkey meet, so it should be interesting. Good memories 馃槇

We have a strong team and a good coach who knows how to handle our players from different cultures. Our problem remains the attack, though, with only few good strikers available.

But lets see, a lot can happen in a year.

Reactions: ne znam ali mozda

Super Moderator
Very interesting group. There are always a lot of emotions involved when Switzerland and Turkey meet, so it should be interesting. Good memories 馃槇

We have a strong team and a good coach who knows how to handle our players from different cultures. Our problem remains the attack, though, with only few good strikers available.

But lets see, a lot can happen in a year.
Switzerland had some tough luck with good players deciding to play for the countries they or their parents come from, although admittedly the only good player they would benefit from is Rakitic.

As for the attack I don't know why Switzerland brings out so many great defense and midfield talents like Mbabu or Zakaria, but no good striker. Vargas and Okafor are like the biggest promises right now, but they are far from top talents. Swiss top clubs could be helpful if they let play some talented young strikers too. Only Lausanne in the CL have some good young Swiss strikers.

Registered
If the winner isn't one of France, Germany, Belgium, Holland or Portugal, I'll be shocked

The special one
If the winner isn't one of France, Germany, Belgium, Holland or Portugal, I'll be shocked
I was checking out the odds on sky bet and England were actually bookies favorites to win the tournament. Probably because the SFs and final are at Wembley so they'd get home advantage should they make it that far.

Realistically there could be up to 8 potential winners. It looks pretty wide open tournament. Germany, France and Portugal all in the same group is pretty brutal.

Personally I'd put France as Favorites, followed by Belgium. Both Germany and Spain underachieved at the last WC, but you can never rule them out either.

Registered
All of the usual candidates will probably be in and around the mix - I'm looking forward to it. It's always irritated me that we (England) have won a WC but never manged a Euros - i hope it may change but I never expect anything.

For me, the aspect I'm not looking forward to is the Euro's being played all over Europe - I much prefer there to be one host country.

As for the favourites, I think with France being the world champions you would find it difficult to look beyond them.

Registered
Lol at people overrating Germany. L枚w will be destroyed very bad
I feel like they can win it in spite of him. I know it didn't work out in the world cup but the talent is too solid for an early exit to happen again.

Think of it like how Bayern could have great moments like against Tottenham with Kovac as coach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts