Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As posted in the Richard forum :)

I had a good time last time, U2 really puts a lot into their shows, the stage set was really impressive, it was in a circle with a big oval that extended into the crowd that Bono and Edge would run out on. They have this new thing called "COEXIST" which is like their campaign to get the world's religions to stop fighting with each other. Bono brought a little girl up on stage at one point during Sunday Bloody Sunday, and he brought up a lady and danced with her during With or Without You. Edge was great, they did an acoustic version Stuck in a Moment and The First Time. They have a lot of energy still, and Bono's voice sounded great, he even did some opera singing during their song Miss Sarajevo. He also talked a lot about their intitiatives for the poor. At one point, he had everyone in the crowd turn their cellphones on and light up the arena. Their song selection was kind of strange - they played way too much of the new album – seven songs - I would have liked to have heard more of their songs from the 90s, but it was still good, and the crowd was really into it.

Here is the setlist. A few of their songs they would kind of play into other songs in the end.

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, The Electric Co. - Send in the Clowns, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - In a Little While, Beautiful Day - Many Rivers to Cross, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else,, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Ol' Man River (yes, the Louie Armstrong song :) )

Encore(s): The First Time (acoustic), Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, With or Without You, All Because of You, Yahweh, 40

1 - 1 of 1 Posts